Golden Princess - Hawaii best months to cruise

janetootsie

Hi there, We are hoping to go on a cruise on Golden Princess, from La to Hawaii at the beginning of next year. Could anyone tell us what sort of weather to expect - both in Hawaii and whilst at sea.

Any other info or suggestions also appreciated. Thanks, Jane

The weather in Hawaii only varies about 10 degrees a year, so anytime is a good time.

If you go during the winter you may see some weather while at sea. This can happen anytime but is more probable during the winter.

when we went in November, the weather out of LA was cool for a day. Then the sun came out and the rest of the cruise was beautiful.

If you have any desire to see the giant waves where you can feel their power standing on the shore at Waiamei Bay on Oahu, they tend to occur (intermittantly) in Januray or so.

Hi there, We are hoping to go on a cruise on Golden Princess, from La to Hawaii at the beginning of next year. Could anyone tell us what sort of weather to expect - both in Hawaii and whilst at sea.
You're probably thinking of the same cruise I'm on, the Golden 1/3/10. This'll be the third time I've taken this itinerary and fourth time cruising to HI. The weather can be fabulous, it can be rainy. As long as you're flexible and know that the ship can miss a port due to winds and weather, you'll be fine. Hard to tell this far in advance but no matter what, it's an incredible cruise.

We went to Hawaii in Nov. of 2007 and we were prepared for cool days out of L.A. and rocky weather. But it was cool for the first 2 days but the waters were smooth as glass. Now the cruise right before us had very rocky waters. So you just never know what pacific weather systems are out there at that time. Now this year we are going at thend of Oct. and hopefully we will have nice weather but like i said you just do not know what weather systems will appear.

Marilyn

We were on the Golden for the last half of March and saw quite a few whales around the islands. The weather going and coming was colder and rougher than our previouse cruise on the Regal in June. We missed Kauai due to high winds. The cruise after ours made all their ports and I think had better weather. I would think the latest cruise in the spring would have better weather but who knows. It is a great cruise any time. Love the sea days!!

We've been in October and then again in January, both months were gorgeous. We saw whales on the January cruise. After spending money on a whale watching excursion we came back to the ship and had wine on our balcony and saw more whales there than on our excursion. It would be impossible to have bad weather in Hawaii or maybe you just dont care.

Archived