Booking for Disney Dream

Gingee

I am thinking and this is me thinking out loud, that probably about a year out from her delivery date.Maybe a little further out. They had so many issues with the Magic, I dont think that Disney would want to repeat the experience. I tried asking thru a few back door channels and got the runaround.What I did find out, was that more than likely, there will be paying guests coming home with her from Europe. The way it was explained to me was that in past practice the Magic and Wonder came home with paying guests, the person I talked to did not see any reason why Disney would change that. Though stranger things have happened.

What I would look for as far as a definitive date, would be to start watching when they announce the date the Wonder going to the West Coast and they start booking for that. That would be a pretty good indicator, at least to me that the DD is coming in somewhere around that date and should and I stress should start booking soon after,if not at the same time.Right now afaik, all we have is that the Wonder is going in 2011 to the West Coast.

After our 3rd cruise, we got an e-mail alerting us we were on the cruise alert list. I just said okay, cool..... LOL.....:) Never know how that was decided.....:confused: I have even had friends who have called asking about the e-mails and had no luck for some reason.... It is really confusing... I get some e-mails "Like the steel breaking" got the one when the last two sets of dates came out, but did not get the one about the promo offer of kids sail free that was release 2 weeks ago...:confused: So I do not know how the magic list work???? I do know with all of our cruises we have booked directly with DCL and not with a TA and have never transefered reservations. We also opted to get all of our cruise information via e-mail so I do not know if that is how we got on one of the Magic List or what.... It is so confusing.....:rolleyes:

Maybe some of my fellow cruisemates added me to the special list from all of the pillowcases I make for them!!!! LOL.....:D I guess it is all of the Pixie Dust in the family.... No, I really have no clue.:cool:

Maybe some of my fellow cruisemates added me to the special list from all of the pillowcases I make for them!!!! LOL.....:D I guess it is all of the Pixie Dust in the family.... No, I really have no clue.:cool:

Oh that's right, I forgot that you were the one who makes the pillow cases. Yeah you deserve to be on the "special list" :D:D:D

About 6 months in advance before booking they release the iteneraries and then you book, bc most people like to sail to somewhere interesting. To me, the ship for disney is all I care about haha:D Can't wait, but it should be a while since they have not released hardly anything about it, not even deck plans. It should be interesting I am pumped

• 2 months later...

I just read that Disney will actually take possession of the Dream at the end of 2010 and the ship should be ready for guests in early 2011. That's much earlier than I had heard before but this is supposed to be from Bob Iger.

Also at the D23 Expo next month, they are going to release the new cruise itineraries. I assume that the Dream would be a part of that.

Has anyone else heard this?

Glenn

Archived