Do they still do cave tubing and rainforest exploration??

cmlmich

We will be booking a cruise that goes to Belize, and I see in Carnival book they offer it but I don't see it online on their site. If they offer it, can someone tell me how much it is?

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from Belize last Sunday and booked the cave-tubing with Major Tom. We found him on the internet thru cruise critic and we had a great and safe time. Safety is his first priority, which it should be, and they have smaller groups with more guides.

E-mail him and he will get right back with you. They meet you on shore with a sign, you pay him then, a one hr. bus ride to the caves, about a 30 minute walk in the forest with you taking you head lamp and inner tube with you, you get in the water before you take the hike so you are not hot. By the time you get to the place where you get in the water you are already dry. They hook you together you float for about 45 minute sthru the caves, very peaceful and educational also. Then you change your clothes, back in the van, go to lunch, back to shore, then you usually have about 1 hr to shop if you want where they drop you off. the back on the tender , back to the ship all in about 5 hrs. You will totally enjoy it.

Any quesitons, let me know. :)

I just got back on Sunday from a cruise and we went to Belize and did the ATV's and cave tubing with cave-tubing.com. It was VERY good and I felt VERY safe the whole time. We did not make reservations, just tagged along with those who did and there were no problems.

We walked up to the tour bus (some buses were not nearly so nice) at the port and they took us through town while giving information over a microphone. They were funny and it was all very interesting. They let us sample local cashew wine on the bus if we chose and then took us to a place where we could change before riding the ATV's. Everyone got their own ATV and rode for about 30 minutes on a trail. There was a lot of start/stopping but it was still fun, beautiful and the ATV's were brand new.

We took a bus to the state park and grabbed an innertube and went for a short hike. They will carry your tube for you if you wish. We got to a clearing and got in the river. Seven of us linked together and we had our own guide (sometimes two) connected to us, pulling us, padding us at all times.

The caves were beautiful and I felt very safe...I saw NO snakes, scorpions, scary creatures and the water was crystal clear. It cost $75/pp for both ATV's and tubing or you can also do one or the other. YOU DONT PAY TIL THE END! These guys thrive on their reputation and there is a reason it's very good! I felt I got more than my money's worth so I tipped well.

I talked to others on my ship when I got back who did the Carnival version of this excursion. They said they drove landrovers, but it was 2 ppl per car, so they had to take turns, then hiked and walked through the caves, and the part of the river they were along did not look clean. They also saw quite a few scorpions and it was $100/pp versus my $75.

I think I made the better choice. I was 110% satisfied!

"BUTTS UP!"...you'll get it if you book with them ;)

Go have fun!

I have used Major Tom (April 2009) and X-Stream (March 2005). They were both great, but I have to give the nod to Major Tom- because of the guides with Major Tom were just outstanding. So entertaining- and I felt absolutely safe 100% of the time.

But it was also great to see Major Tom himself come on board our bus after the tour and he talked with us all- very genuine. So either one--- just book it! Butts up!!

Archived