Vancouver Stores Near Port & Baggage Storage

I am sailing on the NCL Sun in late July. We're flying in to YVR at around 9:30 am and plan to take a taxi to the cruise port. I was wondering whether there are any stores (convenience or grocery) near the port to be able to pick up some last minute supplies (like bottled water and sodas) so we don't have to lug them onto our checked baggage (with weight limit) for the flight. Would there be anywhere close enough to walk, or somewhere where we could ask the taxi to stop and wait?

Also, on the day we disembark, our flight is not until 5:30, despite being back in port early morning. We were hoping to go around Vancouver for a few hours. Any suggestions on where we could store our bags (local hotel maybe)? Also, any suggestions for things to do nearby the port?

Thanks!

As your ship is docked at Canada Place there are several convenience (corner type) stores close by. Across the street and under the Watr Front Fairmont hotel is a mall with a convenience store or when facing the street in front of the terminal turn left and walk up to the corner another left and walk a block (big) to the Harbour Centre (has the tower with the revolving restaurant & lookout on top) where there is a mall with convenience store and also liquor store. Another block along and you are in Gas Town and another wine store.

There is a luggage storage facility right in the cruise ship terminal it is the the left immediately after you entre thur the main front doors.

The luggage storage in Canada Place is called CDS Baggage. It is right there in the building after you clear customs but before you exit the terminal.. on the left side along the wall. Here is the link: http://www.cdsbaggage.ca/CDS/Home.html .

They also have the ability to send your luggage directly to the airport if you want to pay more money.

I am sailing on the NCL Sun in late July. We're flying in to YVR at around 9:30 am and plan to take a taxi to the cruise port. I was wondering whether there are any stores (convenience or grocery) near the port to be able to pick up some last minute supplies (like bottled water and sodas) so we don't have to lug them onto our checked baggage (with weight limit) for the flight. Would there be anywhere close enough to walk, or somewhere where we could ask the taxi to stop and wait?

Also, on the day we disembark, our flight is not until 5:30, despite being back in port early morning. We were hoping to go around Vancouver for a few hours. Any suggestions on where we could store our bags (local hotel maybe)? Also, any suggestions for things to do nearby the port?

Thanks!

Hi BCHappyGal, I also have a couple questions about convenience/grocery stores in the port area. I'm traveling with my 8 month old son, and would like to buy some diapers and food in Vancouver. Do you know if the stores you mentioned carry Pampers and organic baby food? I just want to be prepared.

Thanks!

Hi BCHappyGal, I also have a couple questions about convenience/grocery stores in the port area. I'm traveling with my 8 month old son, and would like to buy some diapers and food in Vancouver. Do you know if the stores you mentioned carry Pampers and organic baby food? I just want to be prepared.

Thanks!

I'm not BCHappyGal, but I can tell you that although the stores mentioned will likely have Pampers, you won't want to pay the price. Try a Shoppers Drug Mart or London Drugs and you should be able to find the organic baby food and Pampers at a better price.

Depending on where you stay, there are London Drugs downtown at Georgia and Granville), Robson Street, and Davie Street.

There are several Shoppers Drug Marts downtown, but I checked online and I think the closest is at 586 Granville, which is around Granville and Dunsmuir.

Viv

I'm not BCHappyGal, but I can tell you that although the stores mentioned will likely have Pampers, you won't want to pay the price. Try a Shoppers Drug Mart or London Drugs and you should be able to find the organic baby food and Pampers at a better price.

Depending on where you stay, there are London Drugs downtown at Georgia and Granville), Robson Street, and Davie Street.

There are several Shoppers Drug Marts downtown, but I checked online and I think the closest is at 586 Granville, which is around Granville and Dunsmuir.

Viv

Thanks! We're staying at the Fairmont Waterfront, are there any Shoppers Drug Marts or London Drugs around there?

Google Shoppers Drug mart vancouver and you will be able to get a map with locations. Enter the address of your hotel and ask for within 5K and you'll get the one's closest to where you're staying.

Thanks! We're staying at the Fairmont Waterfront, are there any Shoppers Drug Marts or London Drugs around there?

Granville and W.Pender there is a Pharmasave, which would be the closest.

Archived