QM2 2010 World (?) cruise . . .

nitnyleo

It doesn't even circumnavigate the globe! (Its more like a HAL grand voyage.)

And, it only makes one call in South America (Rio for a lousy 9 hours). Altho I love the ship, (which, you would have to, considering the number of sea days), I'm thinking this is a pretty lame "world" cruise.

Seems that Vickie (excuse, my familiarity, since we haven't even met) has a much better itinerary.

Is QM2 consciously making the effort to NOT do "world" cruises?

It doesn't even circumnavigate the globe! (Its more like a HAL grand voyage.)

And, it only makes one call in South America (Rio for a lousy 9 hours). Altho I love the ship, (which, you would have to, considering the number of sea days), I'm thinking this is a pretty lame "world" cruise.

Seems that Vickie (excuse, my familiarity, since we haven't even met) has a much better itinerary.

Is QM2 consciously making the effort to NOT do "world" cruises?

Rumour has it that the long slog around South America was becoming a turn off for many passengers and hard to sell. Maiden calls in South Africa however are much more enticing - I for one would love to do the Sydney to Southampton segment of this 'world voyage'!!!

Ken

Hello all,

I am also thinking about the WC 2010 but I agree the itinery has a lot of blanks in it especially south america. But I have done this year a south america cruise (Rio to Valparaiso in 19 days) and so I have seen a lot.

I have to organize a lot and I think the decission will be made in july.

Greetz

Dennis

My friend and I are planning on this "world cruise" or as many segments as time allows in Jan. 2010. Althoug this one does have a lot of sea days, it didn't seem to have as many as some other lines and had a more diverse itinerary. That is why we went with this one.

...Interesting to see so much interest in the QM2 "wrong-way" World voyage though.

I had asked this question months ago on another board and never got a relevant response; perhaps, ocngypz, you can tell me why 99% of world cruises sail east-to-west . . . is it just "tradition"?

Archived