Carnival Spa

I've never used the spa services on a cruise before, Im headed out Friday on the Paradise and am in desparate need of some de-stressing so Im going to try it out!

Have anyone you ever used Carnival's spa services and have any story's to share or treatments that you love??!! Also, does anybody know if they have a list of treatments and prices that Carnival offers!?

Thanks!!

if you go to Unofficialcarnivalwiki . com

and do a search for SPA SERVICES they have a menu on there.

I'm hitting up the spa when we leave Saturday on the Liberty. You can use the steam rooms and sauna for free (which is nice).

The ones on the Liberty have an ocean view to which is awesome

I had a great massage on the Paradise last year - just FYI, a lot of the spas on cruise ships will give you a sales pitch on the products they used during your treatment...so be prepared for a hard sell after your treatment is over. Also -- if you go to a port (I imagine it will be Catalina?), there are usually some good specials at the spa on the port days since so many people go ashore.

had a fantastic hot stone massage on the fascination 2 yrs ago and LOVED it! Expensive, but you really get the "spa" experience. The therapist did try to sell me on product but I wanted the elemis muscle soak, so I bought it. The massage was around $180 but they do offer a special that is a mini facial, scalp massage and foot and leg massage for about $70 which was also fantastic! Got that too! They didn't try to sell me anything with that. That was after walking around Key West so it was great! Anyway, just enjoy anything they have in the spa, the showers in there are bigger and I just took my things there and showered there. I love the spa! And on the bigger ships, the Glory I know had the swim spa and hot tub there which no one was at so I had it to myself! The view as the op said, is beautiful!

I enjoyed 3 spa treatments on the Ecstasy last month (March 18 - 23). They were, for the most part, VERY nice and pleasurable. I was very impressed with the atmosphere, the accomodations, the cleanliness, the staff, the soothing and elegant decor, and the awesome shower facilities. Even the toilet was very nice, with an elegant cobalt blue designer sink right in the stall. I was impressed - but then, I am easily impressed, lol.

I thought the prices were very reasonable. The first one I did was a 3-for, from a list of 6 choices for $89. I chose the head and shoulders, the arms, and the feet.

A very personable young Irish woman with the requisite Irish lilt greeted me with a smile and led me back to a private room. Once in the room she spoke in a soothing, hushed voice to add to the relaxing atmosphere. Soft, relaxing music played in the background. She asked me a few questions and then told me to undress (keeping panties on) and then lay upon the long, narrow table in the middle of the room, while she stepped out of the room.

She came back into the room and laid warm towels across my lower half and then told me to lay my arms out to my side. But, that was uncomfortable to me, for two reasons - it hurts my breasts to be squished like that (mamograms are murder to me!) so she rolled up a towel for me to place just under my breasts and that helped. Also, the table was so narrow that my arms kept wanting to fall off! But, my great therapist would just tuck them back up for me, lol.

Another thing that was slightly uncomfortable to me was having my face planted in that face hole. When I looked in the mirror afterwards, there was a ring around my face from the pressure! But, I was soooo relaxed I didn't care. :)

The therapists began working at the top, on my head and shoulders. It was heaven! One thought kept going through my head: I could get used to this!

When it was over I looked at the clock and saw that exactly 30 minutes had passed. I got dressed back into my bathing suit and went to the shower room where the saunas were, where I was expecting to find my cousin who had the same service I did, at the same time I did. She wasn't in there, so I went into the dry sauna, but the attendant in there told me it was broken. That's okay, I just went into the wet sauna to wait for my cousin.

20 minutes later she arrived. She got a 50 minute massage to my 30 minutes massage, for the same prince! :confused: She also got a coupon for 10% off the next time she came in to the spa, but I did not. We both tipped exactly the same ($15). I was so surprised that she had apparently had a more thorough therapist than I did, because mine was so pleasant and professional and attentive. Because of that, and because I am not a direct complainer (unless I'm really mad), and because I was happy to have just gotten a massage at all, lol, I just smiled a serene smile and sat in the sauna for a bit longer with my cousin. We were both very content.

Next, we took showers in awesome, large shower stalls, put clothes on and walked with wobbly, relaxed legs back to our rooms. It was great!

~~~~~~~

My second experience was a foot massage for $29.99, after our first port day in Progreso. My feet were aching from all the walking we did, so I called the spa and they were able to fit me in 30 minutes later.

A young man greeted me, and led me to the hair salon and sat me in a salon chair. I was a little surprised he didn't take me to a room, but I thought it might be because he was male and I am female. It was not as relaxing in the salon, as it was in the private room, because someone was getting their hair done, and the noise from the hair dryer was going on. It wasn't unpleasant, mind, it was just not as relaxing as the private room was.

The young man was not as pleasant as my Irish girl, and he never smiled. Not once. He gave me a very mediocre foot massage, and was too rough. Some people may prefer the rough touch, but not me. I got the idea he did not want to be there doing my feet. Can't say as I blame him - I wouldn't want to do feet for a living either!

I also was not very comfortable in the salon chair because of the way I had to slump down for him to reach my feet. I am short, so I should have asked him to adjust the chair. Bottom line is, I did not enjoy that foot massage at all.

~~~~~~~~~

Nevertheless, I booked another $29.99 foot message as I left the spa that day. I knew I would want another one the next day after our port stop in Cozumel. Even if it was as poor as the one I had just had, it was still better than no foot massage at all.

This time, my experience was awesome! I had a lovely English girl with a great smile who was just as personable as the Irish girl. (one of my favorite parts of my cruise was meeting so many different countries and hearing so many different accents!) She led me to another private room just like the one from the first day, and proceeded to give me a delightful, and gentle, foot massage. I think it lasted 20 minutes or so.

I had only given the young man from the day before a $5 tip, but I gave the English girl $10 because she was much better than he was.

As a whole, my experience in the spa was very nice and since I don't gamble much, or sun much, the spa was a perfect way for me to spend my time and money. :)

Archived