Nassau info please

2snorkel/cruisers

I read somewhere on a CC thread where someone was in Nassau and they went to a hotel that was within walking distance of the dock and spent the day. It was very reasonably priced and my son and his wife will be celebrating their annivesary on a cruise that will be in Nassau that day and would like to go there also. Please direct me to the thread if you know which one I'm talking about. I'm thinking that they posted that they spent $55 pp. Please help! Thanks.

I have been to Nassau many times on a ship and the only "nice hotel" that I can think of within walking distance of the ship is the British Colonial Hilton...this is a hotel used in filming one of the early Sean Connery James Bond movies and does have a nice beach area considering you are in downtown Nassau...prices...well can't help you there...suggest you call the hotel and speak with them....good luck!:cool:

Within walking distance is the British Colonial Hilton....$20 pp. This includes a towel and lounge chair. It is a quiet area and not very many people. There are drinks and food available inside the hotel for purchase.

If you take the #10 Jitney ($1.25 pp, exact cash each way) to the Wyndham on Cable Beach you can purchase a day pass for $40 pp for the day which includes towel, lounge chair and an inside buffet lunch. Here there is a pool with a water slide which is fun and drinks are available for purchase pool side.

I hope this helps.

I read somewhere on a CC thread where someone was in Nassau and they went to a hotel that was within walking distance of the dock and spent the day. It was very reasonably priced and my son and his wife will be celebrating their annivesary on a cruise that will be in Nassau that day and would like to go there also. Please direct me to the thread if you know which one I'm talking about. I'm thinking that they posted that they spent $55 pp. Please help! Thanks.

Nassau British Colonial Hilton (near the Cruise Pier) :

Thank you for the interest shown in the British Colonial Hilton hotel.

We are pleased to extend a rate of $15.00 per adult and half price for

children under 12 for access to our Pool & beach facilities. No

Reservations are required however payment must be made upon arrival to

the Front desk.

The British Colonial Hilton is within walking distance, with full view of the cruise ships (which would be cool for your kids). I would recommend paying for the day pass ($15pp) because you have access to their pool, lounge chairs, umbrellas, and towels, as well. There is also a nice snack bar/bar on site and a McDonalds and some locals cafes just across the street. this is on the harbor, so no ocean waves. It's just a few blocks past the Straw Market, and is easy to find.

ken

Archived