Doing a Baltic cruise - Aug 2009

Kas55

Hello Everyone,

Kas here. I have just booked my 3rd cruise. This time, my husband and I are going on a Baltic cruise on Celebrity, leaving August 25 from Amsterdam. We are both in our fifties and love cruising, having been to Alaska and the Caribbean.

I would love any feedback on the cruise, but especially about what excursions you do or do not recommend in the various ports.

Glad to meet you all and to be here!:)

Hello Everyone,

Kas here. I have just booked my 3rd cruise. This time, my husband and I are going on a Baltic cruise on Celebrity, leaving August 25 from Amsterdam. We are both in our fifties and love cruising, having been to Alaska and the Caribbean.

I would love any feedback on the cruise, but especially about what excursions you do or do not recommend in the various ports.

Glad to meet you all and to be here!:)

First, let me advise you to check out the Northern Europe boards under "Ports of Call". There you will find all sorts of ideas and comments about the cruise.

We loved St. Petersburg, and from the Ports of Call boards, found out about DenRus, Alla, and Red October tour companies. We chose the value tour ...two days....from DenRus and it was spectacular; 10 of us were in a van with a wonderful guide (Ljudmilla) and a driver. Much better than a bus full of people.

We used ship's tours for the rest. Check out the Vigelund statue park in Oslo, the raised ship Vasa in Stockholm, the old city in Tallin.

Also, don't miss the sail into Stockholm in the early morning when the ship travels through the myriad islands which make up the archipelago into Stockholm.

You are going to have such a good trip!!!!:)

Bill

Archived