What's the better Swimming with the Dolphin experience?

Kitty34

Never been to the ones in Cozumel. We went to XCaret and some of the crew were on the same excursion. We really enjoyed our time - although it was limited since we docked in Cozumel and had to be back by 5:30. I booked the excursion through the ship BUT booked the dolphins on my own - to ensure we had spots.

The crew said that the dolphins at XCaret looked "happy and content", while other dolphins they have seen look like they have been through the ringer. Not sure about the ones in Cozumel. The ones at XCaret seemed like they were enjoying themselves.

My Daughters, 20 and 23, did the dolphin swim in Cozumel in March, 2002. It was awesome. I would highly suggest this experience to anyone. My 23 year old said it was the best thing she ever did in her life. They were in the water for almost an hour withthe dolhins in a small group of approx. 6 to 8 people. They videotaped everything and you could buy it for $49.00, although there was no pressure if you didn't want it.

You should have a great time at either place, (I have been to XCaret as well, beautiful but we didn't expereince the dolphins there), Enjoy your trip!!!

I did the dolphin swim in Xcaret several years ago and more recently Cozumel. I really couldn't say one was better than the other. They were both GREAT!! If you are going to be in Cozumel anyway, I would do it there so you have time to enjoy other island adventures. The dolphin activites are very popular regardless of where you decide to go, I would book early since space is so limited.

Archived