Malta- tip on how to reach valletta easier

Should you have anyone in a wheelchair and need to walk it up to Valletta, don't be disheartened.There is a big' tunnel' that takes you to the lower level of the MCCP car park. You can take the lift up and avoid any uneven pavements or the steep hill. Once you get off the ship, keep to your right and the entrance is right where the horse carriages wait in line.

Should you have anyone in a wheelchair and need to walk it up to Valletta, don't be disheartened.There is a big' tunnel' that takes you to the lower level of the MCCP car park. You can take the lift up and avoid any uneven pavements or the steep hill. Once you get off the ship, keep to your right and the entrance is right where the horse carriages wait in line.

Thanks for the tip, ta tommy.

Can anyone use this or only if you have a wheelchair; I frankly would prefer a lift to climbing up a very steep hill! (I have the harbor/city walls as my screensaver now, and Valletta looks glorious!)

Yes, anyone may use it. This facility is not promoted as the car park is owned by a private company. You will see that there are no gates or security barring you from using it..........it is just not publicied. I guess the reason would be so that taxi and horse carriages are used.

I thought of posting this as I was at the waterfront watching passengers get off the Crown Princess and there were quite a few wheelchair bound people who returned back to the ship because they came across the uneven pavements and steep hill. I went up to a gentleman and made him aware of the lift.

Anyone can use the lift, so don't worry.........just look for a big archway near the horse carriages.

Thank you again for your help. We are spending the day (June 10) in Valletta (with just a brief trip out to the Hypogeum) on our own so that my spouse, aka Mr. Military History, can be on his own schedule for the day, our first visit to what he informs me was the most strategically-important Mediterranean island in WWII.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you again for your help. We are spending the day (June 10) in Valletta (with just a brief trip out to the Hypogeum) on our own so that my spouse, aka Mr. Military History, can be on his own schedule for the day, our first visit to what he informs me was the most strategically-important Mediterranean island in WWII.

Hi CintiPam

He will be in heaven. Malta is full of Military History, so much to see and do in Valletta and lots of WWII history. Yes Malta was very important in the war, was very heavily bombed and the Maltese were nearly starved into surrender but never did. Malta was bombed very heavily - during March and April of 1942 they were bombed more than London was during the whole of the blitz.

Lots of lovely outdoor cafes in Valletta for a relaxing coffee, ice-cream, local pastizzi and to watch the world go by if you want a break from the Military history

Enjoy

Hi CintiPam

He will be in heaven. Malta is full of Military History, so much to see and do in Valletta and lots of WWII history. Yes Malta was very important in the war, was very heavily bombed and the Maltese were nearly starved into surrender but never did. Malta was bombed very heavily - during March and April of 1942 they were bombed more than London was during the whole of the blitz.

Lots of lovely outdoor cafes in Valletta for a relaxing coffee, ice-cream, local pastizzi and to watch the world go by if you want a break from the Military history

Enjoy

Thanks, Twirl, we leave for Athens tomorrow, so I am very excited. I think that the port day in Malta was the clincher on the deal when I suggested to him in January that we take this cruise.:D

Archived