Carnival steps up!

That is great news!:D We were scheduled to leave on the 21st. for a 4 nighter but had to cancel. Hoping to rebook another before our next one in Nov. I just can't wait that long.:eek: It's killing me reading all these great deals people are getting and I am having to wait to rebook. (issues with DH work) Hopefully I can book another one soon.

We are Cabin 7301 onboard Spirit, Alaska August 2010 :D

Fred

Fred,

Now you have gone and done it!!!!! The galley wil have your number posted all over the place!!!!!! They will know who you are...........:)

We were on the Fantasy and they are offering 25%. I am a bit disappointed. I would like to see 50% as well. We spent about 6 hours in Key West Florida as a port. Better than the poor Ecstasy, but still very disappointing.

Maybe the difference is they are thinking Ecstacy got NO ports AND spent the last night docked in Galveston. Quite a nice deal being offered! :D As well as it seems Ecstacy is always MUCH higher than Fantasy and they go to the same ports! Both go out full so never understood the difference in price. Cheaper for us to drive to Mobile or NOLA than go 2-3 hours closer to home in Galveston.

As a very loyal CCL passenger with many cruises in a short few years (Platinum in 3 years) AND a CCL shareholder.......THANKS CARNIVAL!! :) You didn't have to do anything according to the contract. But am glad you did to keep newer cruisers from getting a bad "taste in their mouths" and not try CCL again. We don't always read the fine print.

Thank you, thank you!!

Kat

Well Texaslandshark, we already had 4 booked ahead........BUT I'm already looking for the next one now! Was just saying last week we didn't have much going for next year, weellll, now there's another! Life is good, we just gotta remember the little things are most important.

Enjoy shopping for the next one!

Kat

Just got a letter from Mr. Cahill (e-mail) addressed to Ecstasy 4-27-09 passengers stating they are offering 50% another 3-5 day cruise before dec of 2010.

This in response to the shared disappointment over the events that surrounded that voyage.

My compliments to CCL.:)

Good on Carnival. This gesture is a positive for their customer relations. :)

Just got a letter from Mr. Cahill (e-mail) addressed to Ecstasy 4-27-09 passengers stating they are offering 50% another 3-5 day cruise before dec of 2010.

This in response to the shared disappointment over the events that surrounded that voyage.

My compliments to CCL.:)

We were on the same cruise, and thought getting back the port taxes was all we would get from Carnival. We still enjoyed the cruise, but a nice discount for our next cruise won't hurt our feelings. :D

I'll be watching for any Carnival mail. It would be a unexpected gift for sure.

We were on the same cruise, and thought getting back the port taxes was all we would get from Carnival. We still enjoyed the cruise, but a nice discount for our next cruise won't hurt our feelings. :D

I'll be watching for any Carnival mail. It would be a unexpected gift for sure.

You should have gotten it by this morning for sure. However, as the letter stated, all you have to do is to tell your Carnival rep that you were on that 4-27 cruise and they will see that on their end. Getting the letter is actually not important in itself.

When I re-booked for the same week next year the PPV's asst. (she was away) said that my confirmation was on my e-mail and the 50% off would be reflected when she got back and simply ran it through her supervisor.

Also, I asked to have another $50. knocked off as a Welcome Back cruiser. No problem either.

Note: this is non-transferrable and tax and port charges are still assessed on both passengers. Still, one hell of a deal.

Next cruise should be better for sure. Balconies available for that week are only on guarantee basis at this time.

You should have gotten it by this morning for sure. However, as the letter stated, all you have to do is to tell your Carnival rep that you were on that 4-27 cruise and they will see that on their end. Getting the letter is actually not important in itself.

When I re-booked for the same week next year the PPV's asst. (she was away) said that my confirmation was on my e-mail and the 50% off would be reflected when she got back and simply ran it through her supervisor.

Also, I asked to have another $50. knocked off as a Welcome Back cruiser. No problem either.

Note: this is non-transferrable and tax and port charges are still assessed on both passengers. Still, one hell of a deal.

Next cruise should be better for sure. Balconies available for that week are only on guarantee basis at this time.

I'll be sure to give my PPV a call Monday. I'm already booked on a Dec 7, 2009 cruise and will just book the Dec 3, 2009 cruise for a B2B. Works for me, specially if the Dec 3rd is half price.

Just rebooked our Mexican Riv cruise on the Splendor for 20 Sept, using our refund credit from the May 3 cruise that we cancelled. Got the same aft ext balcony on Verandah deck that we originally booked, and it's less than we had previously paid so we get an onboard credit, as per our PVP.

When we cancelled our May 3rd cruise due to the change in itenerary (north to Canada vs south to Mexico) we were called by my PVP and offered a cruise out of Galveston on May 2nd to Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay(5 day to 7day) for $150/pp(ocean view). We took it and had a great time.

Now we look forward to planning and packing again for our Mexican Riviera cruise that we wanted for our 35th Wedding Anniversary.

Thank You Carnival from your Happy and Loyal past guests.

Bill & Brenda

I'll be sure to give my PPV a call Monday. I'm already booked on a Dec 7, 2009 cruise and will just book the Dec 3, 2009 cruise for a B2B. Works for me, specially if the Dec 3rd is half price.

Swell! The letter said it was good to Dec. of 2010. A 10 dayer for you...not half bad.

Maybe the difference is they are thinking Ecstacy got NO ports AND spent the last night docked in Galveston. Quite a nice deal being offered! :D As well as it seems Ecstacy is always MUCH higher than Fantasy and they go to the same ports! Both go out full so never understood the difference in price. Cheaper for us to drive to Mobile or NOLA than go 2-3 hours closer to home in Galveston.

As a very loyal CCL passenger with many cruises in a short few years (Platinum in 3 years) AND a CCL shareholder.......THANKS CARNIVAL!! :) You didn't have to do anything according to the contract. But am glad you did to keep newer cruisers from getting a bad "taste in their mouths" and not try CCL again. We don't always read the fine print.

Thank you, thank you!!

Kat

Key West rocks..it's a great port...so many things to do with or without the family.

If you can't have fun in Key West you might wanna check your pulse...LOL

:p

Well, if they're loyal to me, I'll be loyal to them. Called and booked another just to prove it.:D
I did get the Carnival email with 50% discount on our next cruise booked before 2010.

S W E E T ! ! :D

We'll be doing the B2B with the Dec 3, 2009 and Dec 7, 2009 cruises. I have t call my PVP tomorrow and see if I can get the same cabin on both cruises. The cabin we have on the Dec 7th cruise does not show as available on the Dec 3rd cruise. I don't want to have to change rooms between cruises if possible.

dafuser, sorry we didn't get to meet you at the meet/greet. Watched for you at the hotel when we checked in, as we got on the hotel shuttle going to and from....didn't see that hat anywhere!! lol As well as on the ship. Sorry your excursion in Cozumel fell through again. Now gotta decide, after 3 times and it hasn't happened, is something trying to tell you NOT to do it? OR just making you wait and you and wife will REALLY, REALLY enjoy when it happens? lol

Yup, not having to change cabins would be great. That was a BIG deal for me the first time and was nearly a deal breaker when scheduling the b2b coming up. Worked out we did get the cabin we wanted and all was well. Haven't decided what we will do with the 50% off. We have 4 already scheduled with 4th being in January. Busy fall! Would like to go outta CA but don't want to book cruise and air go crazy. So will wait a few months......or NOT and see what happens. A very nice "prize" from carnival!

Enjoy and good luck in Cozumel!

Kat

dafuser, sorry we didn't get to meet you at the meet/greet. Watched for you at the hotel when we checked in, as we got on the hotel shuttle going to and from....didn't see that hat anywhere!! lol As well as on the ship. Sorry your excursion in Cozumel fell through again. Now gotta decide, after 3 times and it hasn't happened, is something trying to tell you NOT to do it? OR just making you wait and you and wife will REALLY, REALLY enjoy when it happens? lol

Yup, not having to change cabins would be great. That was a BIG deal for me the first time and was nearly a deal breaker when scheduling the b2b coming up. Worked out we did get the cabin we wanted and all was well. Haven't decided what we will do with the 50% off. We have 4 already scheduled with 4th being in January. Busy fall! Would like to go outta CA but don't want to book cruise and air go crazy. So will wait a few months......or NOT and see what happens. A very nice "prize" from carnival!

Enjoy and good luck in Cozumel!

Kat

It's amazing on such a small ship with so few people we didn't run into each other. :D We took the 10:30 shuttle to the ship with about 8 other people and after a short wait boarded.

The Cozumel helmet dive does seem like it's trying to tell us something. I think it's saying "Good things are worth waiting for" so we'll have at least two more chances to try it in December.

Sounds like you'll be having a fun time with all your cruises scheduled. I'd like to take a few more cruises out of Florida because of the variety of ports available. The price of the airline tickets costing as much as a cruise makes me happy to keep cruising out of Galveston. I really don't care where we cruise to, it's the whole being on the ship thing I like.

The nice discount was a real surprise for sure, and we are more then happy to put it to good use.

We did not receive an email, but were on the Fantasy on 4/27 - how do we get this credit?
The email says to call your Carnival PVP and tell them you were on the ship. Here's the email we got:

Dear Guest,

I want to take this opportunity to welcome you home and to thank you for sailing with us on the April 27th sailing of the Carnival Ecstasy.

I realize many vacations are chosen because of a specific itinerary and I sincerely regret we were not able to deliver the itinerary of your choice. The H1N1 influenza situation occurring in Mexico escalated quickly and the CDC advisory issued at 7:00 pm on Monday, April 27th left us with no alternative but to take immediate action and cancel the port calls in Mexico.

I empathize with your disappointment and want to extend my sincere apologies for this disruption to your vacation. I recognize many of you were unhappy with the manner in which we handled this situation. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we regret we did not meet your expectations in this regard. I want to assure you, however, that we made our decisions with your best interests in mind given our commitment to the health and safety of our guests and crew. Considerable time was spent by my team researching port substitutions. Regrettably there were no other viable ports of calls available to us.

I now realize these changes had a more substantial impact on your cruise experience than I had anticipated, and it was not the memorable vacation we had hoped to provide. We value our relationship with you and hope we can win back your confidence. We would welcome the opportunity of having you sail with us again and hope you will accept our offer of a 50% cruise fare discount on a future 3 to 5 day vacation, departing before December 2010.

Please make your reservations in your usual manner and inform your agent (or Carnival) of the discount at the time of reservation.

Most importantly, I want to thank you for choosing Carnival and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on one of our ships.

Archived