Major Tom cave tubing

tampacruiser1006

Hey guys,

I'd like to do the Major Tom excursion when there soon, but had a few questions:

1. Do I take my wallet and passport with me or leave them on the ship? I know I'll need ID to get back on board, but will my Carnival card be ebough?

2. How much cash do I bring? ( assuming buying lunch and a few beers only)

3. Do I wear my swim gear off the ship, or change somewhere? Do I need to bring a towel?

4. Is there a stop for the "happy room" ( i.e. bathroom) on the trip?

Thanks for the above and any other tips

Hey guys,

I'd like to do the Major Tom excursion when there soon, but had a few questions:

1. Do I take my wallet and passport with me or leave them on the ship? I know I'll need ID to get back on board, but will my Carnival card be ebough?

3. Do I wear my swim gear off the ship, or change somewhere? Do I need to bring a towel?

I would like to add on to what the poster above me has asked:

The three different pay options for Major Tom Cave Tubing are:

1)Pay in full via Paypal

2)Pay 10% via Paypal

3)Pay in Belize

I was wondering what was the best option? I am thinking paying in Belize would be the best option because I am afraid that if there is an issue and we have to skip the port, I won't lose out. Is it more expensive to pay in Belize? Do I have to pay in cash in Belize? Any advice is appreciated!

1)Pay in full via Paypal

2)Pay 10% via Paypal

3)Pay in Belize

I was wondering what was the best option? I am thinking paying in Belize would be the best option because I am afraid that if there is an issue and we have to skip the port, I won't lose out. Is it more expensive to pay in Belize? Do I have to pay in cash in Belize? Any advice is appreciated!

We went Cave tubing with Major Tom the end of September

Paid in cash when we got there - same price as paying in advance.

I would use cash as a person in our group paid w/credit card and some one from Major Tom's group had to go to one of the stores to use it. it held the group up from leaving for about 15 min.

At the cave tubing site there are bathrooms, showers and changing rooms.

We were given enough time to change before and after tubing.

I would bring passport and ID with you. Everything can be left on the bus as they are guarded while you are tubing.

As far as how much money to bring:

At the tubing site there are a couple of resturants.

We prepaid for lunch which was served out of a Van - chicken, rice and beans so I didn't go into either of the resturants and don't know the prices.

There were a few people selling items - I saw one girl buy cashew wine.

We got back to port with about 30 mins. before the last tender and had some time to shop.

You should also plan on tipping your guide - they work pretty hard going thru the caves.

We were on RCL but others on the Bus were on Carnival and they only had 15 mins before their last tender.

One note - some of the people on our Bus had pre-paid to do the zip line (we didn't) - on the way back they were told there wasn't enough time to do it.

We went Cave tubing with Major Tom the end of September

Paid in cash when we got there - same price as paying in advance.

I would use cash as a person in our group paid w/credit card and some one from Major Tom's group had to go to one of the stores to use it. it held the group up from leaving for about 15 min.

At the cave tubing site there are bathrooms, showers and changing rooms.

We were given enough time to change before and after tubing.

I would bring passport and ID with you. Everything can be left on the bus as they are guarded while you are tubing.

As far as how much money to bring:

At the tubing site there are a couple of resturants.

We prepaid for lunch which was served out of a Van - chicken, rice and beans so I didn't go into either of the resturants and don't know the prices.

There were a few people selling items - I saw one girl buy cashew wine.

We got back to port with about 30 mins. before the last tender and had some time to shop.

You should also plan on tipping your guide - they work pretty hard going thru the caves.

We were on RCL but others on the Bus were on Carnival and they only had 15 mins before their last tender.

One note - some of the people on our Bus had pre-paid to do the zip line (we didn't) - on the way back they were told there wasn't enough time to do it.

Good to know swift. We will not be doing the zipline.

I will be going on the Canival Valor in February for my honeymoon. My fiance and I have never been on a cruise before. I was given this website to check out in my planning. To someone who has never been on a cruise I am struggling with the lingo. Please bear with me. I am guessing that "tender" means scheduled time slots to re-enter the boat.\

Can anyone hook me up with the website for cave tubing with Major Tom or his email?

I didn't use Major Tom, went with NCQ tours instead. Their website is http://www.ncqadventuretours.com/guides.html. Fantastic time, small groups, and very friendly/personal service.

Hey guys,

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudochicken viewpost.gif

1)Pay in full via Paypal

2)Pay 10% via Paypal

3)Pay in Belize

I just returned from a cave-tubing trip with Major Tom, and it was terrific!

Archived