Won't be able to sleep...

Cej06466

Our cruise does not sail away until Sunday but the excitement is already so much that I have not been able to sleep for the past two night and I know it is not going to get any better...last year our first cruise together the night before was the only night I could not sleep but this year instead of better its worse....I AM WAY more excited...any one else go through this?

I know I am usually the same way-but I always take a little nap on the plane or a long nap if we are driving. We were on the Fascination last week and my 2 friends and I drove to JAX-funny thing is I slept good the night before. First time in a long time I have slept more than 3 hrs the night before leaving for a cruise.

Hope you have a wonderful and safe cruise.

Our cruise does not sail away until Sunday but the excitement is already so much that I have not been able to sleep for the past two night and I know it is not going to get any better...last year our first cruise together the night before was the only night I could not sleep but this year instead of better its worse....I AM WAY more excited...any one else go through this?

Of course. This is a serious, non-life threatening condition. It is referred to as cruisomania and cruisoinsomnia. Reading Cruise Critic Boards late at night when you can't sleep makes it worse. Most sufferers report that they tend to get better after 8-10 cruises.

:D

I can never sleep the night before. I'm going to have a tough time on Sunday on the way to the port. I've had an extremely long day at work, a day of stressful and annoying classes Friday and Saturday, and then I can NOT sleep before we make our way there. Ah well. Once we sail away I'll take a nap :)

On our first cruise, I remember going to bed early the night before and waking up at least ten times thinking Ioverslept. At about 5:30 that morning, I just gave up on sleep, besides I didn't want to oversleep for real. Anyway, have a great cruise.

Did not sleep last night, probably won't sleep much tonight and then we are in Florida on Saturday night so definately won't sleep that night. Oh well, I can sleep when I get bck to work after my vacation. :)

Before my last cruise, I had a Town Car coming to get me and the wife at 6:30AM to drive us to the airport for our flight. I was so excited, I was up at 2:30am making french fries, onion rings, and mini egg rolls in the oven while watching sportcenter for 4 hours!!! (I had already been packed for a week!!!!)

My DW and I plan to do Disney after our cruise. I am sure it will wear us out but you only live once. We drive from Tampa to Disney on July 19. Anyone else attempting this?

yeah ... we are.... doing three nights at Disney in August and then heading to the Port for the 4-night cruise to the Bahamas, then back to Orlando to Downtown Disney for 2 more nights. I think we will need a vacation after our vacation!!:D

Archived