Iberostar Grand Amazon

jorgeminiano

We have friends who took their 1-week cruise. They said they enjoyed it very much. We saw the ship in March '08 in Manaus when we arrived on the Royal Princess on its Amazon cruise from FLL.

We have friends who took their 1-week cruise. They said they enjoyed it very much. We saw the ship in March '08 in Manaus when we arrived on the Royal Princess on its Amazon cruise from FLL.

Thanks! Hope to like it too!

Our family of 6 took this cruise in December '08 and it was the so fun! We had teenagers and they had a blast! I would recommend this cruise down the Amazon. The facilities were wonderful and the food was great. I can't say enough good things about the guides. The were well informed and really enjoyed their jobs. I would take this cruise again if I make another trip down the Amazon!

Our family of 6 took this cruise in December '08 and it was the so fun! We had teenagers and they had a blast! I would recommend this cruise down the Amazon. The facilities were wonderful and the food was great. I can't say enough good things about the guides. The were well informed and really enjoyed their jobs. I would take this cruise again if I make another trip down the Amazon!

Hi... I hope I can be as lucky as you! Thanks for answer.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We are looking at a 7 day cruise on the Iberostar for 2010 through Vantage. It is a 14 day tour with several days in Rio and Brasilia. Also considering the pre-trip to Iguassu Falls. Please let us know what you thought of the cruise.

Hi... ok, as soon as I come back from this cruise, I'll post my impressions here. See you!

Hugs from Rio, olympic city.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi... I've just arrived from the river cruise in the Iberostar Grand Amazon and I am really sad because the cruise has finished! If you haven't tried it yet, please, make a reservation right now! It was great in all aspects, from the food to the crew members, the shore excursions, the drinks, the cozy atmosfere... I'll soon post the photos on my Flickr page and some here in CC for you to see. Great, great, great!!!!!!!!!!

• 11 months later...

Would love any information concerning dress on the ship - should my husband take a tie? are dresses necessary? also, I'm in a wheelchair but can walk a tiny bit - will I be able to get aboard the excursion boats?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Would love any information concerning dress on the ship - should my husband take a tie? are dresses necessary? also, I'm in a wheelchair but can walk a tiny bit - will I be able to get aboard the excursion boats?

Thanks!

Hi... When I did the "Solimões River" part, I saw people dressing all kind of clothes, but in my opinion, tie is not necessary, only, of course, if your husband like this way. There were women in dresses, but not formal ones... For the restaurant, people usually wear something like fine sport clothes.

Well, the excursions... well, there are some walk inside the jungle and also visits to local people houses, and you know, you have to leave the boat e walk a little, sometimes a kind of mountains... but maybe the better way to have the right answers to this question, is contacting they. Maybe they alread have some experience with people that use wheelchairs. But anyway, if you want to go on this cruise, even if you can't go on the excursions, the cruise itself is wonderful and the ship as well. ;)

• 1 month later...
Hi again... As I loved the first part, I've booked the second part of this Amazon river cruise... this time (May 2011), I will cruise to Negro River. Hope to see the Pink Dolphins!

When in May 2011 are you going? My DH and I are doing the 7 night beginning Monday, May 16, 2011. Looking forward to this trip of a lifetime.

Barb

When in May 2011 are you going? My DH and I are doing the 7 night beginning Monday, May 16, 2011. Looking forward to this trip of a lifetime.

Barb

Hi... what a pity! I'm going on May, 2nd... a week before you. But, anyway, have a nice cruise!

Archived