motion sickness on Yukon & White Pass Railroad

tommygirl1

I have never been on a train. I have a problem with motion sickness. We were planning to take the Yukon & White Pass Railroad Excursion. What is the likelihood of having an issue with motion sickness? I get motion sick in cars if I am not in the front seat or if the road has a lot of hills and curves. I usually take dramamine for flights and it works as long as the flight is not too rough. Also, I have always been fine on cruise ships unless the seas are very rough.

Thanks for your help!

I have never been on a train. I have a problem with motion sickness. We were planning to take the Yukon & White Pass Railroad Excursion. What is the likelihood of having an issue with motion sickness? I get motion sick in cars if I am not in the front seat or if the road has a lot of hills and curves. I usually take dramamine for flights and it works as long as the flight is not too rough. Also, I have always been fine on cruise ships unless the seas are very rough.

Thanks for your help!

I had no problems, although I was on Bonine for my cruise as I had been very seasick one time in my life. I suggest you take precautions, just in case.

You can get some dramamine from the Pursers Desk and take it with you. I cannot travel in a car, bus or train that has a lot of twists and turns....mountains make me really ill if I don't take dramamine. Luckily cruising doesn't make me sick, but little boats like a tender will make me ill if it is a long way to port!

Archived