PB Tom Question About School Supplies

marciew

Hi, Tom. My husband & I plan on spending the day at Paradise Beach during our cruise on the Norwegian Spirit on 12/14. After reading these message boards, we want to bring down some school supplies for Chrysalis Group, but we want to make sure they're still needed. Since my husband is a teacher, he thought he could see what he could scrounge up from the elementary schools where he works. I just wanted to double check that supplies are needed before we pack things they don't need & make sure that slighly used supplies would be O.K. or do they have to be new? (P.S.-Put us down for 2 frozen margaritas. Actually, my husband doesn't drink, but that's O.K.-I'll drink both of them.) Please see what you can do about making sure it doesn't rain next Tuesday! See you then.

Sally - I managed to get 3 more backpacks on clearance from WalMart for $3.00 each - what a steal - real nice ones. I think I have about 8 of them now and some supplies.

FYI for those looking for calculators - I was in Walgreens yesterday evening and they had scientific calculators for under $8.00. As luck would have it I just purchased 2 from Boise (received a discount) and paid almost $10 each for them - and they can't be returned. Oh well - It's for a good cause.

I guess we will have to pack the backpacks with all the goodies and each of us (8) will each walk off the ship with one.

That was a fast reply. You don't need to thank me - it is a pleasure.

I figure I am so BLESSED and if there is something I can do to make it easier for someone else, then so be it. I chose my causes carefully and have decided that I want to try and get all the items on the current needs list for each backpack before we come in August. By buying a little at a time the expense is not that much - I just spread it out.

Archived