Carnival Dinning

Hi does Carnival have buffets? do they have different food every night and are they open everynight? What is the dress code in the buffet, Thank you I am very confused :confused:

Yes, they do have buffets every evening for dinner, also lunch and breakfast. I don't think they really have a dress code for the buffet, only in the dinning room.

So thier is a different choise of food every night?

Sometimes they repeat a food. We had baby back ribs the first night and the last night. I missed them the first night, so was glad they repeated them. Most of the choices are only on one night.

big duck was saying you can usually get the same choices up at the buffet that they are offering for dinner down in the dining room. Thats what he meant was the same. If you want another dessert later, go grab it from the buffet... like the brulee, yum.

Yes, our first two cruises we only ate at the Lido deck buffet....couldn't talk my husband into changing clothes for the main dining room.

We did eat at the main dining room this time, and enjoyed it as well.

Friday night there was prime rib on the menu in the main dining room, and also at the buffet. We decided to eat at the buffet because we liked the prime rib gravy so well, and there is a big gravy tray on the buffet...plus the guy stands there in front of you and carves it to your specifications. The prime rib at the buffet was just fine, no gristle, tender as could be, various stages of rare to well done, and you could get it sliced to the thickness you wanted.

Hi does Carnival have buffets? do they have different food every night and are they open everynight? What is the dress code in the buffet, Thank you I am very confused :confused:

Thuis would be typical for the buffet area on the newer Carnival ships.,

Name: Emile's Location: Lido Deck 9 - midship and aft / Panorama Deck 10 - aft Seating: 1396 Hours: open for breakfast-lunch-dinner

Pizzeria open 24 hours

hot/cold beverages open 24 hours Function: Self-Service Casual Restaurant

Late Night Bistro - dinner Buffet / Specialty Stations: salad bar; pasta; carving station

The Grill: hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, steak sandwiches and fries

Taste of Nations: food from different regions each day

Mexican: Variety of Mexican favorites, including Tacos

Mongolian Barbeque: Mongolian wok where guests select vegetables, seafood, meat and spices and have it prepared right before their eyes.

Fish N' Chips: Fish and seafood

New York Deli: Deli Sandwiches piled-high and favorite sides

Desserts: including soft-serve ice cream

Pizzeria: pizza, calzone and ceasar salad

So their is plenty of choise

We thought so!

The dress code at the buffet is pretty much wide open, as long as everything that should be covered up, is.

People eat in their bathing suits if they want.

The bigger the ship, the more variety of food. We just came off the Legend and there were 6 different buffets. On previous smaller ships, there were 4 buffets. In addition, there is a dessert buffet and a salad buffet as well.

We must've found plenty to eat, because we always come home with a few extra pounds and tighter clothing then when we sailed. Plus there is 24 hour room service available...the deserts are great, the B-L-T sandwiches have plenty of bacon, and my husband loves the PBJ sandwiches.

Just in case you were thinking that the dining room was dressy, it's not. Jeans (without holes) or nice shorts and a collared shirt would be more than fine...and most of the ships have any time dining so you can pretty much go when you want.

Hi James: Carnival has buffetts every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They do have different food every night. The dress code for the buffett is resort casual. If you wear a tux you would be somewhat overdressed.

So what is the dress code i the main dinnig roomwith more detail Thanks

There will be 1 or 2 nights in the dining room that are a little more dressy, called "Cruise Elegant", which used to be Formal Night. The other nights, it is pretty casual. Here is the dress code:

Dress Code Info:

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout your “Fun Ship” voyage, where you will have the opportunity to showcase your more elegant attire. For those who want casual attire for dinner time, the Seaview Bistro on the Lido Deck is open nightly, and has a more relaxed theme. Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs). Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, and sleeveless shirts for men.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

So what is the dress code i the main dinnig roomwith more detail Thanks

Go to these links:

http://www.carnival.com/

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Gratuities_Tips.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Information.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx

Pick up a brochure from a Traval Agent, Read it.

So u pick 1 of theses?

I'm not sure I understand your question.

You can go to any of the dining venues on any given night. You can eat in the main dining room one night and the buffet the next, and back to main dining room after that. Whatever you want. :)

You can eat in the buffet, or deli, or pizza, or poolside grill, or room service, and then still go to the dining room for dinner.

So if u liked informal dinning would u cruise with Carnival???

Hi James, I prefer somewhat casual dining and I have pretty much narrowed my cruising down to Carnival and NCL. We have cruised enough that we, personally, are over the tux/gown, extra luggage, extra time routine for formal nights.

On Carnival we are comfortable in the main dining room in khaki's/capri's (or other clean casual clothes) and only slightly dressier if we do formal night. However, we have found the buffet to be like a well kept secret at dinner time. Almost everyone eats in the main dining rooms and the buffet is nice and quiet, we can get a window table, eat at our own pace, and have most of the same choices as the main dining room. We really enjoy it. The only downside is that I don't think you can get chocolate lava cake at the buffet (someone please correct me if I am wrong) and that is worth going to dining room at least once!

Archived