Triumph 05/10/09 Review With LOTS of PICS!!!

ebandive

Congratulations on passing the boards! I just saw your new pictures you posted. We went to Pinel Island in November and we didn't get to see all the things you did. A hurricane had just passed over and everything was sandy/ashy. It was nice to be able to see the reefs that I missed.

Thanks again for the great review and pictures. I leave on the Triumph in 3 days and I can't wait.

WOW you are gone already! I hope to hear about your trip when you come back! :)

Hey Erin,

Congratulations on passing your boards!! I hope that your new job is also going well! By now, you must be all settled in and acclimated. :D

Oh man, I'm not settled at all! We have tons of "orientation" time before we really get to do anything anway... I'm sure I'll be nervous for quite some time!

Enjoyed revisiting one of my favorite ships with you and Charlie. If you have as much talent with your nursing as you do with writing and photography you have a great career ahead of you.. I have been a nurse for 42 years and line in Naples, Fl.. Maybe we'll cross paths one day. Again congrats on the board and welcome to nursing.

Thanks for the nice comments! I'm sure you've seen a lot in your years nursing, maybe we will run into eachother! :)

Congratulations Ebandive!!!! This review is up there with some of greatest reviews done on this board!!! I love the pics!!!! I need a new camera... So I am thinking about the one you had used in this review.... Is the Canon Powershot 8MP hard to use?

What kind of camera are you using? It takes amazing photos!!

Congratulations Ebandive!!!! This review is up there with some of greatest reviews done on this board!!! I love the pics!!!! I need a new camera... So I am thinking about the one you had used in this review.... Is the Canon Powershot 8MP hard to use?

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It is the Canon Powershot A590, 8MP. And yes it is super easy to use. I got it mostly for the viewfinder, I find that the batteries (AA) will lost WAAAAAY longer if I use the viewfinder instead of the screen. It's not as cute and compact as some other models, but it is really easy to hold and easy to figure out too. For more info and reviews on hit you can click here. http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=183&modelid=16336

Erin--

All I can say is WOW!!! I spent a couple hours today reading your entire review and all the comments and absolutely loved it! I was sorry when it ended.

Your pictures were incredible--especially the Forts in San Juan, Trunk Bay, the underwater snorkeling shots, scooch pants (I nearly died laughing and your apology to Mr. scooch pants was sweet), and the nighttime shots of Miami!

Thanks for the escalator photo during the galley tour--I would have never guessed that's how they do it.

It seems that every on cruise I see another ship heading in the opposite direction as we are heading back to Ft Lauderdale or Miami--I get jealous too that they are just beginning their cruise!:)

Your personality certainly comes through in your writing. You and your husband are delightful--I feel like I now know you both. Happy cruising!:)

Hi Erin, THANKYOU!! so much for your review and pics...I was enthralled. I am going on my second cruise next Nov on Carnival Dream and wanted an idea of what Carnival was like. My first cruise was with RCL.

I am so excited after reading your review! I know how much effort it takes to post all those pics and comments. I really appreciate it. I enjoyed every minute it took me to read it. Congrats on your new job and thanks for letting me get to know you and Charlie. Your humour came through so well and you really showed through your pics and comments what a happy couple you are.

Good luck with your new job and future plans,

maggie

Loved your review! :D I was on the Triumph last year right before drydock and even before the dry dock it was still nice.

Your review makes me wanna read it over and over again until my cruise.

Congrats on your graduation and new job! You and Charlie look like you have a wonderful relationship. Can't wait to read about your next adventure!

By the way, I can't help but mention that I PASSED THE BOARDS!! WOO HOO!! I'm officially an RN!!! :D:D:D >>>>

Congratulations--- I passed mine about 17 yrs ago and still remember how stressful that was----

Jill

To those of you that have posted, thanks for the continued interest in this thread! It's so fun to get an email notice seeing that someone has posted. :D:D:D Thanks again and enjoy all your upcoming cruises!

All I can say is WOW. This is one of the best reviews I've

ever read. I almost feel like I've been to those places now!!

...and like we're old friends!

Congrats on passing your boards!

Hi!

I just wanted to let you know that I found your post while looking at the st. martin excursion board and then I continued to your review for your cruise....it was awesome!!!

just a suggestion: Since your husband really dislikes the dining with strangers, have you ever considered an NCL cruise? I went on my first cruise last october with my gf. I've always been hesitant because that is one aspect of cruising that I know I would hate. On NCL you can dine where and when you like...and you can get a table for 2 in the dining room. Which I love, because that's where you get the best food experience.

I've heard that the food on NCL may not be as great as the other cruiselines ( I wouldn't know because it's the only line I've experienced) I still think it's worth it for the "freestyle" experience.

Plus I've found that NCL is cheaper and their itineraries are more appealing (to me).....

you should check them out....I think it would fit you guys perfectly :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi!

I just wanted to let you know that I found your post while looking at the st. martin excursion board and then I continued to your review for your cruise....it was awesome!!!

just a suggestion: Since your husband really dislikes the dining with strangers, have you ever considered an NCL cruise? I went on my first cruise last october with my gf. I've always been hesitant because that is one aspect of cruising that I know I would hate. On NCL you can dine where and when you like...and you can get a table for 2 in the dining room. Which I love, because that's where you get the best food experience.

I've heard that the food on NCL may not be as great as the other cruiselines ( I wouldn't know because it's the only line I've experienced) I still think it's worth it for the "freestyle" experience.

Plus I've found that NCL is cheaper and their itineraries are more appealing (to me).....

you should check them out....I think it would fit you guys perfectly :)

Thanks for the tip. In fact Charlie has said in the past how much he wants to try NCL for the freestyle experience, but for when we've looked it's always been more expensive. I'm sure we will try it in the future. But after our great dining and tablemate experience on our last trip, it might not be such a big deal to him anymore anyway. :)

Erin

Thanks so much for your review...I am at work and have completed everything and just watching the minutes tick away. We leave for Galveston Tx tonight and start our cruise on Sat...You have really made my last hour more enjoyable. You have a real talent for narration..

Erin, thanks so much for posting your wonderful review. We're considering either the Carnival Triumph or the Norwegian Spirit out of New Orleans this Christmas, and I think you have made up my mind for me... The Triumph looks wonderful and I really feel like I know exactly what I'm getting into. I thoroughly enjoyed all of your pictures, and appreciate so much your taking the time to post all of them! I was in St. Thomas and St. Maarten on a previous cruise and your pictures brought back many happy memories. As soon as I get confirmation that I can get the time off work I'm going to book the cruise, and am pretty sure that it will be on the Triumph.

Good luck to you in your new job - I hope it's going well!

I also stumbled on this review while researching excursions for St Maarten. It took alot of time to post all of this along with the pics but as evidenced by all the comments...well worth your time to let everyone share your great cruise.

I have never even considered a Carnival Cruise, but after reading this ( 3 hours on a sunday..talk about a lost but fun day:D) I will be looking up this specific ship for the future!

One quick question: we have been to Pinel island on another line's excursion and loved the beach area. Could you have skipped the snorkeling on the captain alan excursion and spent the time at the beach? Also the pics taken by the crew were great..he must have had a fabulous camera! Did you fidn them to be true to what you actually saw?

Let me also join in the congrats on the new job and passing your boards!

Again thanks for sharing this great info and pictures! You should get a commision from Carnival it is such a great SALES PITCH!

One quick question: we have been to Pinel island on another line's excursion and loved the beach area. Could you have skipped the snorkeling on the captain alan excursion and spent the time at the beach? Also the pics taken by the crew were great..he must have had a fabulous camera! Did you fidn them to be true to what you actually saw?

I know that you can book your own private boat tour with Captain Alan (obviously for an increased price) and he will take you wherever you want. There was a tiny spot on Green Key where we could have gone to the beach and he mentioned that if anyone wanted to go to the beach instead to let him know. No one did on our trip, but it was at least a possibility. I know they have a toll free number on their website and you could call and ask them about Pinel Island, they are very helpful.

As for the pictures, they were true to what we saw as long as you dove down. Most of the pictures were taken after swimming well below the surface of the water. I tried to stay somewhere near our guides because I knew they would swim by the best coral areas. But I couldn't hold my breath near as long and felt myself being pulled back to the surface like a cork! :)

Thanks for the compliments and I hope you enjoy your future cruise(s)! :)

• 1 year later...
When we got back to the ship we decided to take advantage of the US virgin islands being considered local with Sprint. We needed to check on Charlie's 16 year old brother (whom we are raising) who stayed home alone with the dogs. I was much more worried about the dogs than him, because we gave him stacks of money for Mcdonald's and what else does a teenager really need?

His brother reported that all was well and the dogs were alive, so that was good. I also checked my voicemail. The Wednesday before our vacation I had interviewed for a job that I really wanted. When I checked my voicemail in St. Thomas there was a message saying that I GOT THE JOB!!! WOO HOO!!! This is my "YES!!! I GOT THE JOB!!!" face:

ry%3D480

There were lots of seagulls flying around.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Great Kiss!

I'm glad you are enjoying it! I still like to look back from time to time.

When I posted it, I said I had the "baby bug" so there would be no more cruises for me awhile.

Well, on March 3rd Charlie III was born!! :D

ry%3D400

I'm glad you are enjoying it! I still like to look back from time to time.

When I posted it, I said I had the "baby bug" so there would be no more cruises for me awhile.

Well, on March 3rd Charlie III was born!! :D

ry%3D400

He is a total cutie!!!!!!!!!!

Archived