Cruises from Southampton, England, 2005

savva0122

I wondered what the web population thought of these itineraries? RCI are basing Legend of the Seas at Southampton May though October next year and are doing two itineraries:

One is a run to the med: Southampton, England; Praia Da Rocha, Portugal; Gibraltar, United Kingdom; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Villefranche (Nice), France; Ajaccio, Corsica; Barcelona, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Vigo, Spain; Southampton, England

and the other is the Canary Islands: Southampton, England; Vigo, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Cadiz, Spain; Lanzarote, Canary Islands; Las Palmas, Gran Canaria; Tenerife, Canary Islands; Santa Cruz, Canary Islands; Funchal (Madeira), Portugal; Southampton, England

I just wondered what you thought was the best itinerary and why, and whether you would consider one of these cruises. I am looking to book towards the end of 2005 and have these shortlisted as well as Empress Exotic Caribbean

GARRY

It depends where you've already been. If you haven't done the Med that one looks really good. Personally I'm not so keen on the Canaries as there is not so much to see and not much history.

It's really good that more ships are departing the UK isn't it? No crowded airports and jet lag to contend with. It feels so civilised driving to Southampton, right next to the ship, having your luggage taken from you and then your car and you can just casually stroll to check in.

Have a great time whichever one you choose.

Sweep:)

At the minute we are hovering towards the Canaries. The reason is twofold:

(1) We did the Splendour in June 2004 and loved it but not sure I'd want such a busy cruise again so quickly ; and

(2) The WEATHER!!! We are thinking of going late Sept/early Oct and reckon the weather would be better in the Canaries

It's been a while since we've been there and would be novel to visit on a cruise ship, although I share your view the ports of call are perhaps not quite so exotic! Thanks for your views!!!

I must admit the appeal of driving to the port and getting on the ship is getting greater following the recent exhausting trip to Miami on BOS and then the Panama Canal we will have on Radiance. I also think the Canaries might be a bit more 'novel' since they are only doing two of them

Archived