Arcadia G Deck Cabins-A bit noisy!

pudd

Got back today from our 2 night cruise to Bruges.We liked Arcadia very much but were shocked at how much noise from the deck above could be heard in our cabin.-G55.

We were pleased to be given G55 with a window as we had only booked an inside on the same deck. We were supposed to be under the nightclub which I thought would be noisy but then we were 'upgraded' to a window cabin. After looking on the deck plan I thought 'Oh good we are under the art gallery-that should be much quieter'.Wrong..You can clearly hear the music from the deck above and it sounded like elephants walking above. We have never had such a noisy cabin on any ship. Not too bad though as we were only there for 2 nights.

Apart from the load music it was a very nice cabin. There was nothing rattling or vibrating like you get sometimes. We had a bath and the bed was super comfy.

Just be warned if you are not as deaf as a post! Choose wisely.

Well you weren't much better off I suppose as the Art Gallery is alongside THE GLOBE which is a nightclub in the evening, holding dancing, live music etc etc so no wonder it was noisy. Sorry to hear that, when having a longer cruise I agree its best to look for a cabin which is no where near night clubs or the theatre or bars...or even swimming pools!

For example on A deck, people complain of hearing noises from above of sun loungers being pulled along the deck at dawn and dusk by the pool attendants who are putting away/putting out the loungers...above them - lots of things to consider... Also launderettes, have a cabin near them and be prepared for people chattering outside in the corridor near your cabin while waiting for a tumble drier, plus the noises from the washing machines and driers all day when you might of wanted a nap on a seaday. You get what you pay for I'm afraid...a low grade cabin could have problems.... I prefer to have fewer cruises in a blacony in midships on B or C deck than more cruises in a inside/outside cabin in places which could have noise issues... you pays 'your money and takes' your chance I'm afraid!:) But then again, now even after paying a premium for a balcony I will be surrounded by smokers - but thats another issue!

Clever, isnt it? - they were unlikely to sell G55 as an Ocean View cabin - too many people would have looked at the deck plan and decided 'not worth it'. But giving it as an upgrade to someone who booked an Inside means they can re-sell the inside cabin. That way they do at least get inside cabin revenue for it.

The big advantage to booking early is, of course, that you have a much better chance of getting the cabin of your choice. We've done that for our two 2010 (!) cruises - 14 nights on Ventura in the spring, and a 3-nighter on Arcadia in the autumn.

We've also said "No Upgrades", so the cabins we've booked should be the cabins we'll actually be in.

I agree with the "no upgrades" thing we always book what we actually want & being given a higher grade doesn't mean a better position in fact usually not! Now if they said would you like this one & we could decide well that's different but as I see it you just get moved.

Last year we got caught out on Princess when we forgot to specify "No Upgrade". We booked the identical cabin that we had had the previous year on a sister ship. About 6 months before sailing we got an upgrade, I was going to complain and ask for our original cabin back, but thought it might be a bit churlish as this new cabin was a two grade upgrade on to the next deck and a slightly more central position. It turned out to be the noisiest cabin we have ever had. Every night we were woken at about 1 am by the pumping out and cleaning of the jacuzzis, which were in fact two decks up.

We of course complained, but it was only after 5 nights (of a 12 night cruise) that somebody left the cruise early and we were able to move cabins.

How late did the noise go on for. I have relatives in a cabin in this area. They are on second sitting and would probably go to the second show so were expectying that the noise would not go on too much longer.

I was recently on a segment of arcadia's world cruise sydney to singapore . I was in outside cabin G32 , had no problems it was a good choice very quiet day and night, and a very smooth ride.

You were lucky in G32 then. We could hear the songs quite clearly. It was only a weekender cruise so it really was a party atmosphere on board. The cruise director had said that the bars didn't close until 5.30am after the first night! Is it usually like this on Arcadia?

I think because it was a world cruise and many of the passengers where elderly, everyone retired early to bed. I could wander around the ship later at night and think i was the only person on board at times.

Archived