Catamaran Cruise, Snorkeling & Dunn's River Falls - OR68

ezmofokine

So I was wondering if anyone has done this excursion with Royal Caribbean and if so how was it? We watched the video on their website and it looks pretty fun but I couldn't find any reviews from people who had actually done it.

Thanks in advance

So I was wondering if anyone has done this excursion with Royal Caribbean and if so how was it? We watched the video on their website and it looks pretty fun but I couldn't find any reviews from people who had actually done it.

Thanks in advance

We did something like this when we stayed in Jamaica and loved it. Our cruise doesn't offer anything like this, or we would be taking it. I would highly recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from our cruise and figured I would update this for anyone who was curious.

DO NOT DO THIS EXCURSION.

I was picturing a nice sailboat catamaran with friendly jamaicans driving us around and showing us the sights.

Not so much

The catamaran was kinda crappy and smelled of diesel fuel. There were about 6 "guides" on board and it seemed they were more interested in selling us crap than they were in showing us a good time. The snorkeling was so-so, and as soon as we got back on the boat they started trying to sell us t-shirts, beer, liquor, bracelets, necklaces, trying to get girls to get their hair braided. Then they took us to the falls where we were pitched more crap once on shore by the pushy street vendors. Then when we got done with the falls, our falls guide waited by the boat until every person that did the tour gave him a tip. Then on the way back to the ship they tried to sell more crap to everyone that hadn't already bought some. Once we got back to the ship they told everyone that they don't get paid by the excursion operator and they all make they're money on tips only. Which I thought was a little ridiculous since the stupid excursion costed 95 bucks per person.

Bottom line is this excursion isn't worth 30 bucks per person and I would definetly never recommend this to anyone.

Thanks for the update. I haven't booked anything so far because everything is quite expensive for my family of 5 and nothing seems must-do. I have been to Jamaica at an all-inclusive (and we did leave the resort to do some 'sightseeing') but the prevailing opinion seems to be that it is a very different experience from the cruise ship port experience.

If you're going to Ocho Rios definetely climb or at least go see Dunn's River Falls. Very cool place. just beware that the vendors will hound you to buy stuff if you show any interest and I wouldn't leave the kids alone, I was offered to do some "smokey" (by a shady character that was just hanging around) during about a 5 minute walk back to the beach. But definetely don't do the catamaran cruise through RCI.

Archived