Please post pics of Sea Grape and Royal Palms

butterfly2

I will look to see if I have any. The bus dropped us off at the Sea Grape but it was so crowded that we just walked a little ways down the beach...not that crowded. It had public restrooms, etc. We just sat our bag right there on the beach with our towels. Nobody even went near it. We just caught a bus back to port.

For those of you who went to Sea Grape, did you just take a taxi there? Did you happen to snorkel off the beach, or know anyone who did? I read somewhere on here it was pretty good just doing that. I read the menu and they have conch fritters at the restaurant that was in the pics, dh loves those so I think that will be one of our stops :)

Thanks

For those of you who went to Sea Grape, did you just take a taxi there? Did you happen to snorkel off the beach, or know anyone who did? I read somewhere on here it was pretty good just doing that. I read the menu and they have conch fritters at the restaurant that was in the pics, dh loves those so I think that will be one of our stops :)

Thanks

As you exit the tender at the pier just walk out to the street and get on one of the mini buses and tell the driver to let you off at Sea Grape Beach. The cost to SG is around $5 ea person ea way.

You can rent a snorkel at SG and you will need to walk up the beach about 300 yds to were you can see some rocks in the water, snorkel there, its not great but you will see fish. Bring some bread or crackers to attract fish.

We went to Royal Palms Beach July 2007.

I have attached some photos of the beach.

You can also click on our YouTube link to see a slide show of our port excursions in Grand Cayman. After the Cayman Pirate Encounter there are more photos of Royal Palms Beach.

IMG_0055.jpg.6f6674a8cdd5230e33dd9d6ddcae63f3.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg.3ab6f0b24de155c1d00011ac5b8fe9b5.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg.9fe149558fd77e01b1b81b9578b536bc.jpg

582456060_RoyalPalmsBeach.jpg.e2be97c175dbfa9c2d4678c58d2982f7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone has pictures of either place on 7 mile beach would you be kind enough to post them. Thanks so much!

If you decide to go to Royal Palms and you have lunch there be sure to check with the server on the price. The last time we there the couple next to us had ordered food and was brought to them on the beach by the server and he charged him double from what was on the menu. My husband noticed this going on and mentioned to the couple in front of the server and the server just said oh well we have to make a living. The couple just paid him the amount and the server was waiting for a tip.:eek: Well we decided right then we were going to wait and eat when we got to the ship. Not trying to dissuade you in any way, just giving you a heads up. It may have been just a one time thing.

If you decide to go to Royal Palms and you have lunch there be sure to check with the server on the price. The last time we there the couple next to us had ordered food and was brought to them on the beach by the server and he charged him double from what was on the menu.

I'm really surprised, since we've eaten at Royal Palms dozens of times and never had a problem. Are you sure it wasn't just the exchange? The prices on the menu are in Cayman dollars, so the US price would be higher than listed.

I'm really surprised, since we've eaten at Royal Palms dozens of times and never had a problem. Are you sure it wasn't just the exchange? The prices on the menu are in Cayman dollars, so the US price would be higher than listed.

No it was not just the exchange. He was charging double the menu price. Like I said it just may have been a one time thing. Maybe it was just that particular server.

• 7 months later...
You can see live shots of The Royal Palms on 7 mile beach on their web cams.

http://www.reefgrill.com/netcam.html

Is there still the place next door that rents the lockers and chairs and umbrellas. We were there in early 2008 and in 2007 and I cant remember how much everything was and also if the people are still there that rent these things.

Also they werent there when we first arrived at the beach so if they are still there any idea what time they opened their little stand?

Thank you!!

Archived