Atlantis Departure Time Question

Regguy

Looking at the Carnival Destiny Cruise, which is at Nassau from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We're thinking about the Aquaventure excursion, but the timing is not great to get the most for our money.

Can anyone give a realistic time that we'd have to pack up and start looking for a cab at Atlantis in order to be back at the dock in time to depart on time?

First cruise for us, so I really don't know the time, distances, or protocol involved for getting back to the ship. Carnival's position seems to be that you need to back on board at 4:30. Given the layout of Atlantis and finding transportation and the like, what time does that realistically mean we'd need to call it a day?

Looking at the Carnival Destiny Cruise, which is at Nassau from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We're thinking about the Aquaventure excursion, but the timing is not great to get the most for our money.

Can anyone give a realistic time that we'd have to pack up and start looking for a cab at Atlantis in order to be back at the dock in time to depart on time?

First cruise for us, so I really don't know the time, distances, or protocol involved for getting back to the ship. Carnival's position seems to be that you need to back on board at 4:30. Given the layout of Atlantis and finding transportation and the like, what time does that realistically mean we'd need to call it a day?

If it's during the week.. you'll need to be in the cab and over the bridge by 3:45. If you are stuck on the bridge you won't make the ship.

Figure 3pm.

On the weekend.. traffic is a little lighter.

If it's during the week.. you'll need to be in the cab and over the bridge by 3:45. If you are stuck on the bridge you won't make the ship.

Figure 3pm.

On the weekend.. traffic is a little lighter.

It's a Friday. Ok, I was worried that's what the answer would be. Too bad. Fascination seems to have better itinerary times for Atlantis, and also stops at Half Moon Cay like Destiny, but JAX is a much harder departure for us than MIA. I can't imagine ever actually ponying up to stay at Atlantis, so cruising might be our only realistic chance to check it out. I guess we can head over to the beach as soon as the ship docks at 7:00 a.m. and then start with the slides as soon as they open at 10:00. That should give us a solid block of time.

Thanks for the response!

It's a Friday. Ok, I was worried that's what the answer would be. Too bad. Fascination seems to have better itinerary times for Atlantis, and also stops at Half Moon Cay like Destiny, but JAX is a much harder departure for us than MIA. I can't imagine ever actually ponying up to stay at Atlantis, so cruising might be our only realistic chance to check it out. I guess we can head over to the beach as soon as the ship docks at 7:00 a.m. and then start with the slides as soon as they open at 10:00. That should give us a solid block of time.

Thanks for the response!

the beach doesn't open until 9am ... it's unsafe to go in the water without the lifeguards.. the beach has an undercurrent.. and on some days.. a riptide.

You can't get your bracelets til 9am..

Thanks for the response!

With some of the deals they have been having you might be surprissed;)I just got The Reef for less than half price on a buy 2 get 2 nights free...and thats with the room rate discounted by about 40% already even before the buy 2 get 2 deal.

Archived