Just Back from Hawaii - Itinerary & Pictures

adventuregrrl

Thanks for posting those wonderful photos. We are off to Hawaii on our cruise in less than 2 weeks. Can you please rate your visit to VNP? We were planning to hire a car and do this trip under our own steam. Was it worth it?

Absolutely it was worth it! How many times do you get to walk on some of the newest land on earth? I don't really like caves' date=' but did appreciate walking through and learning about lava tubes. As you can see from our pics, the VOG (volcano fog) was pretty think on our visit.

I loved the house in Oahu before I read your post. We are going to Oahu 3 days pre cruise with friends that we are cruising with. We are staying in Honolulu to catch up on jet lag and do taxi together. We have 3 days post cruise that we were thinking of going back to Maui ....Westin for the remainder of trip before we head back to New York. So in your opinion....should we do Maui or stay in Oahu and rent the house that you stayed in . It looks like a once in a lifetime online. What is your opinion??????Never been to Hawaii. Rona

Hi Rona -- The house we stayed in was really special because it gave us a chance to really, truly relax. We cooked our own food and bought local produce, some local wine, really great Kona coffee, and a bottle of MaiTais.

Westin is our choice of hotels for our city travels and I understand that the Westin in Maui is amazing. However, if we were going to Maui we might look for something similar to the Oahu beach front cottage there.

The view from the cottage was so great that we slept one night in the living room to wake up to the sunrise on the water. These months later...I go still go back to that view on a stressful day.

• 2 months later...

Archived