Transfer booking to TA before final pmt.

Mysticks1

I currently have my booking directly through Celebrity. I know that many people transfer their bookings to a travel agent before the final payment in order to take advantage of OBC offers, etc. I have been gathering offers for transferring my Solstice Med cruise had have received offers up to $550 OBC which seems extremely generous to me. I am a little leary of giving up control of my booking to an online agency.

I have checked out the agency with the BBB in that area, checked the yellow pages for an ad, etc. and can't find anything bad. Does this offer sound too good to be true??

I have the following questions for those that have experience in doing this.

1. Did you have any problems with the transfer and did you indeed receive what was promised?
  2. Was the service you received adequate?
  3. Was there a way to verify the OBC through the Celebrity website or by calling them direct?
  4. If you had any problems with the TA was Celebrity willing or able to assist? What was the outcome?
  5. Would you do this again in the future?
  6. Can you still see all of your info on the Celebrity Website to verify that your booking is still correct?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Ask the agency one more question - if the cruise price drops, do they honor the drop or will the reduce the OBC?

Many will reduce the OBC if prices drop and some don't honor price drops, so be VERY careful and get in writing their policy for both of those possible situations.

Ask the agency one more question - if the cruise price drops, do they honor the drop or will the reduce the OBC?

Many will reduce the OBC if prices drop and some don't honor price drops, so be VERY careful and get in writing their policy for both of those possible situations.

Thanks for the tip. I have received 2 price drops already and the price is now climbing again. With us only a little over a month from final payment I don't really see the price dropping again - there aren't that many AQ cabins left now.

I transferred the reservation from Celebrity to a TA. So far, so good. You can still see your reservation on the website. I had even made reservations for the specialty restaurants before I switched, and they are there, too. As for onboard credit, I just have the emails from the TA. That is supposed to show up on your on board account a few days into the cruise.

The travel agent I chose is one that advertises heavily here on Cruise Critic I'll let you know how it works out, but so far I've had no problems.

I did enjoy having control of my reservations, and when I felt that the price was as low as it was going to go, I switched. It has not gotten any lower, but the TA said they would adjust the price if I were eligible for th reduction

Wow, this is a very interesting tactic. Couple of questions....I have a FV cabin booked for next Feb on Equinox. As there are only 4 of these cabins on the ship, what is the likelihood there would ever be a price drop for this category. When I booked direct with Celebrity the price quoted was exactly $1000 cheaper than the online travel agency I have used for the past 5 years, so obviously I went direct. What is the likelihood that an agency will want to pick up my portfolio? Lastly, how do I go about finding an agency and then suggesting this is what I want to do? Do I ask them what they are willing to give me if I switch my reservation over?

Thanks

Rmaxi,

That is exactly what you can do. On our upcoming 17 night Mercury cruise I found "perks" from TA's varying from a bottle of wine to prepaid gratuites or cabin credits ranging from $100 per person to $500.00 per cabin. Even thought the prepaid gratuities would be of greater value (we're in a suite) we have opted for the $500.00 cabin credit.

I'm open to suggestions for our Xpedition cruise since it's pretty much all inclusive. How can we "shop" that cruise?

Cheers! Cindy G.

Another question to add - I was also offered a Celebrity coupon book. What type coupons are there? Is this something of value?

Hi!

The coupon books are next to useless. Most are buy one, get one free.

Happy sailing,

Carol Ann

Wow, this is a very interesting tactic. Couple of questions....I have a FV cabin booked for next Feb on Equinox. As there are only 4 of these cabins on the ship, what is the likelihood there would ever be a price drop for this category. When I booked direct with Celebrity the price quoted was exactly $1000 cheaper than the online travel agency I have used for the past 5 years, so obviously I went direct. What is the likelihood that an agency will want to pick up my portfolio? Lastly, how do I go about finding an agency and then suggesting this is what I want to do? Do I ask them what they are willing to give me if I switch my reservation over?

Thanks

We had someone on our cruise who had a FV booked. The price never changed on that cabin, but other cabins did, so she got two cabins, instead, and still saved $$. Keep checking the Celebrity site for your cruise, and make sure you put in the residency and senior rate (if you qualify). About 6 weeks before final payment, just look around on the internet and yes, you call them and tell them what you want to do and ask what perks are they offering. I had no problem at all doing this, and the agency I used has won a award this year from Celebrity as being there Acct. of the Year. I will report back after our cruise and let you know how it all went. The OBC is supposed to show up on our acct. a few days into the cruise. By the way, we leave tomorrow!!!:)

Archived