Newbie lost regarding luggage!

[quote name='vette']Just wanted to answer your questions. The cruiseline was Norwegian (I believe it was our Norwegian Sea sailing) and we had arranged the flights through the cruiseline, so the cruiseline did bear some responsibility. But the ship was very helpful to us and the Matre'd was very understanding with our group. But we learned how important it is to carry-on at least a change of clothes. Hope this thread has helped you. I believe you have received some very useful information.

Vette[/quote]

Thanks for answering these questions, Vette. And in answer to yours - yes, this thread has been fantastic at answering my questions and giving me tips on things to do (like packing half and half in suitcases) that would not have occurred to me otherwise, so many thanks to all those who have contributed :):)

[quote name='FLGolfer'][COLOR="Red"]I sit with other men in suits, tuxes, jackets, or just long sleeve shirts. I do not know if they try to sit other men in just long sleeve shirts together or not but it does happen.[/COLOR]

Maitre d's seat people in t-shirts and shorts on formal night if their luggage is lost so fearing the maitre d' is not something people should be concerned about if they know how to say the suit is in the lost luggage. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I've always noticed that the amount of guys dressed less formally is always greater on the second & third evenings. As soon as they realize that there are other guys who don't want to conform to the suggested standards their numbers increase. I've also noticed that the numbers of guys & women changing immediately after dinner also grows as people again realize there are others who want to be comfortable instead of sitting in the show lounge in a suit & tie or gown. What a joke. :D

[quote name='rcacace']I've always noticed that the amount of guys dressed less formally is always greater on the second & third evenings. As soon as they realize that there are other guys who don't want to conform to the suggested standards their numbers increase. I've also noticed that the numbers of guys & women changing immediately after dinner also grows as people again realize there are others who want to be comfortable instead of sitting in the show lounge in a suit & tie or gown. What a joke. :D[/quote]

Well this information is very useful. I think my husband wants to try being seated without a jacket. He does not understand why people want to dress on vacation.

Thanks for all the comments, we are looking forward to our cruise.

Hi Folks,

The formal dress thing seems a bit odd to me,

if you want to dress every night cruise with Cunard

if you want to dress up two or three times cruise Princess

if you do not want to dress up go with Ocean Village

so would people who cruise with Cunard complain about dressing up,

would Ocean Village people complain about not dressing up,

so why do Princess people complain so much when they have a choice of other places to dine apart from the main dinning rooms.

yours Shogun

[quote name='Shogun']

so why do Princess people complain so much when they have a choice of other places to dine apart from the main dinning rooms.

yours Shogun[/QUOTE]

It's not the people who don't want to dress who complain, it those that do dress & want everyone else to do likewise.

[quote name='Shogun']Hi Folks,

The formal dress thing seems a bit odd to me,

if you want to dress every night cruise with Cunard

if you want to dress up two or three times cruise Princess

if you do not want to dress up go with Ocean Village

so would people who cruise with Cunard complain about dressing up,

would Ocean Village people complain about not dressing up,

yours Shogun[/quote]

With all due respect, I think you are over simplifying the cruise lines based on a formal night dinner that lasts a couple of hours every few days. There is much more to Princess than those few hours that both sides of this issue like.

Heck I even like formal night in the MDR, because Princess does not make me dress formally. I think things are changing and most lines including Princess will be going more casually in the future. This is a trend that will not go away and I do not think Princess or any line wants to lose the casual cruiser.

Or send vacationers with lost luggage to the buffet. :cool:

[quote name='bonniehgl']Well this information is very useful. I think my husband wants to try being seated without a jacket. He does not understand why people want to dress on vacation.

Thanks for all the comments, we are looking forward to our cruise.[/quote]

He should have no problem with a long sleeve shirt if he is dressed neatly. They will not ask him a single question they will simply bring the two of you to your table.

Remember people get seated in t-shirt and shorts all the time on formal night if they are the unlucky ones with lost luggage. Your husband can always be seated if he has lost luggage.

Archived