recycling clothing among cc members

I, Beejay4016 aka Bev Smith, hereby state that as a member of the Sisterhood of the Travelling Dress, I will faithfully respect the globe-trotting history of each and every recycled gown and will forward with each dress a cruise passport showing my ports of call.

Signed in red wine,

Bev

Hmmm....thank goodness I remember which cruise I wore the gown I am sending to you. Liberty of the Seas to Labadee, St Martin, Puerto Rico. :D I really like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Dress. :)

Lisa

Hi

I received this dress for my neice off of this site. She has had had a very hard going summer, but unfortuntly it does not fit. SO I am going to offer it back up to someone else.

Size 8 - white / tan ruffs

Thanks and please email me if you would like it for postage cost.

Carol

carol.jankowski@michigansugar.com

434315802_Aug2012063.jpg.6d97b70d27a2fc611212f4999e864768.jpg

Hmmm....thank goodness I remember which cruise I wore the gown I am sending to you. Liberty of the Seas to Labadee, St Martin, Puerto Rico. :D I really like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Dress. :)

Lisa

Lisa, I received it and it is absolutely gorgeous. It will be traveling to Bermuda!

Hi All,

This board has been wonderful to follow and as you can see I posted a dress above that was to small for my neice.

Wondering if anyone would have a 12 or 14 dress that would be nice for a young lady (age 14) to wear. She is in need of one. If anyone has something that would be perfect for her I would really appricate it.

She loved the one above, but it was just a little to small on the top half - LOL. She takes after me in that department and not her mom.

Thanks Carol

I just responded... :D

Lisa

Lovely dress Lisa. Thank you so much. Good fit too!. Where has it traveled? An entry for Sisterhood of the Traveling Dress. I plan on wearing on the Dream and Paradise.

Edited by suezyq50

Lovely dress Lisa. Thank you so much. Good fit too!. Where has it traveled? An entry for Sisterhood of the Traveling Dress. I plan on wearing on the Dream and Paradise.

I wore that dress to a banquet in Oak Ridge, TN. So, it's first cruise will be with you. :D

Lisa

What an honour. I have to say, you looked absolutely lovely in that dress, and it matched so well with what your handsome husband was wearing - a fantastic looking couple.

Cheers .. Bev

Thanks Bev! It was soooo easy to find our pictures in the photo gallery since the other men were in dark suits and tuxedos. We had a very short photographer for that shot, so he had to stand on a step stool to take our pictures. I am 5'11" and Walt is 6'6"...I think the photographer was around 5 feet tall. :eek:

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I am so glad to hear how tall you are. I'm nowhere near that, only 5'6", but I tend to wear high heels always and so I was a little concerned in case the dress was too short. Taking up a hem is never a problem, but letting one down can really spoil the look of a dress. My man is tall also, but 3" shorter than yours. We'll be hiring a tux for him for the cruise. If we fall in love with cruising, which I think we might, then I guess we will then look at having one made for him - and Hong Kong would be a great spot to do that with all those fabulous tailors who charge such excellent prices.

Cheers .. Bev

Hi Lisa,

I am so glad to hear how tall you are. I'm nowhere near that, only 5'6", but I tend to wear high heels always and so I was a little concerned in case the dress was too short. Taking up a hem is never a problem, but letting one down can really spoil the look of a dress. My man is tall also, but 3" shorter than yours. We'll be hiring a tux for him for the cruise. If we fall in love with cruising, which I think we might, then I guess we will then look at having one made for him - and Hong Kong would be a great spot to do that with all those fabulous tailors who charge such excellent prices.

Cheers .. Bev

You never have to worry about a dress from me being too short. One of the reasons I post my height is so everyone that is shorter will understand that where a dress hits on my legs is not where it will hit on you. :D

JS Collections is my absolute favorite designer for full length gowns since they run about 64". I purchase the majority of my dresses online since I live in a rural area that does not have a lot of options for cocktail and formal wear. As long as you know your true measurements and read the reviews, online shopping is pretty pain free. In three years I have only returned one dress and that was due to the color. The color was supposed to by dusty rose and it was bubble gum/pepto pink. :eek: That is a horrible color on me.

Lisa

You never have to worry about a dress from me being too short. One of the reasons I post my height is so everyone that is shorter will understand that where a dress hits on my legs is not where it will hit on you. :D

JS Collections is my absolute favorite designer for full length gowns since they run about 64". I purchase the majority of my dresses online since I live in a rural area that does not have a lot of options for cocktail and formal wear. As long as you know your true measurements and read the reviews, online shopping is pretty pain free. In three years I have only returned one dress and that was due to the color. The color was supposed to by dusty rose and it was bubble gum/pepto pink. :eek: That is a horrible color on me.

Lisa

I'll check out JS. I buy very little online, apart from books from The Book Depository and the odd item from Amazon. I have to admit, I love the thrill of shopping and have no problem spending five hours in a shopping centre, trying on hats, shoes, dresses, just being a kid in a lolly store.

Cheers .. Bev

Lisa,

I tried the dress on when I got home tonight and it fit Marvelous!! My husband even said " wow I like that length!".:D

Just one question, where has the dress been so I will know when I wear it. By the way it just came home from Laughlin Nevada and in Dec. when we go on our cruise it will be going to Falmouth Jamaica, Georgetown Grand Caymen, Cozumel Mexico, and Roatan Island Honduras.

Once again Thank you so much,

Gerry

Lisa,

I tried the dress on when I got home tonight and it fit Marvelous!! My husband even said " wow I like that length!".:D

Just one question, where has the dress been so I will know when I wear it. By the way it just came home from Laughlin Nevada and in Dec. when we go on our cruise it will be going to Falmouth Jamaica, Georgetown Grand Caymen, Cozumel Mexico, and Roatan Island Honduras.

Once again Thank you so much,

Gerry

Hi Gerry, the dress went on my Liberty of the Seas cruise in September 2010 to Labadee, St Martin, and Puerto Rico. I am glad it fit and it is a really nice length. :)

Lisa

Do we have any real BBWs (Big Beautiful Women) here? I have some clothing and shoes from before I lost 120+ pounds. This stuff is in women's sizes of 34 and 36. I also have shoes size 10 or 11.

I know I threw a bunch of stuff out before I discovered this board. I'll have to go back through it and see what I have that I will never wear again.

Do we have any real BBWs (Big Beautiful Women) here? I have some clothing and shoes from before I lost 120+ pounds. This stuff is in women's sizes of 34 and 36. I also have shoes size 10 or 11.

I know I threw a bunch of stuff out before I discovered this board. I'll have to go back through it and see what I have that I will never wear again.

I'm no longer a BBW, but I do have size 10 - 11 feet! if the heels aren't too high, I'd love to see your shoes!