orchestra 3 day review

seabourndt

hi just got off the ship after 3 days onboard from dover on £99!

EMBARKATION

i filled out the express check in beforehand(what a waste of time!) as most passengers were from miami not many of us boarding in dover so breezed through check in.

well actually there was no check in just filled in the form saying i do not have virus or the flu!! the boarding was done onboard, reception gave me card but as i was charged pre authorisation on ncl and still do not have it after a month i paid in cash.

CABIN

as i only had hand baggage had no case to wait for, nice balcony,small bathroom with shower. half a sofa!(strange as some had a whole one!) double bed, tv. plenty of drawer space, no flannels. later the air cond stopping working i called then to fix it but no response!

DINING

only used the villa borghese, very poor selection of food!(no tiramisu!) but what there was good. the 2 other restaurants, one $13 cover charge and the chinese one was pay for every course!! so never bothered! the buffet was ok but was always crowded and had to eat outside!

ENTERTAINMENT

only saw one show, BEST OF..... but what i saw was very good!

PORTS OF CALL

none as only had copenhagen.

GOOD POINTS

entertainment,food(what there was)

negative points

no air cond working! not helpfull in accounting when i asked for change in danish! never saw my cabin steward! i had a card but i spent all day finding out why i only had 7 points on it? then they said any other cruises before 2006 could not be included as that was when the card started. ok but met someone who was now a gold member and got msc to put all his many cruise from 1998 on it!

DISEMBARKATION

had to pay bill between 0630-0730 then rush into breakfast before they started calling us off. had to leave cabins by 0700 so all had to drag our bags into breakfast. really rushed us off got in at 0700 and left at 0900!! to kiel.

if i have no luck doing this i will not be doing doing msc again! especially as 80% extra for a single cabin is a lot.

dave

Archived