Details from Those boarding Ryndam - 7-DAY NORTHBOUND HUBBARD GLACIER DISCOVERY

dlopiccolo

Inquiring Minds want to know! :D

We are booked in August for the 7 day Northbound Hubbard Glacier on the Ryndam, Vancouver to Seward stopping in Ketchikan, Haines, Juneau, Sitka & a day in Hubbard Glacier.

I would love what ever feed back you can provide for those of you going on the same cruise on earlier dates.

When are the formal nights? What cooking & other classes were offered? When? Favorite excurions? Best day to book a meal at the specialty restaurants(s)? Favorite port? Why? Did you use club Hal? Hours? Tips for ship? We have 5 outside staterooms on Deck 5 in the E6xx range. Opinions? Oh...and Wine cards? Internet connections? If you can't tell I can't wait!!!

DH and I are booked for same trip in early July. I'll try and post when we get back. But... surely someone else is doing the same trip earlier, I hope, to let us know how the trip is, as well.

We will be on her June 5 - June 19th.

Of your ports, MY favorite is Sitka.................just because. We've been there many times; it feels like a "baby Seattle" to me.............the Russian history is fun, the whole town is like a step back in time for us.

ENJOY!;)

Yes, George, your post was a WEALTH of info. I enjoyed every detail. I have been ebay hunting for good rain gear for the family and need to buy the book you recommended. Also, really appreicated the pricing on the Internet and posting advice. I am just trying to build on the fabulous foundation you have laid with all the nit picky details. We will be travelling with 5 boys ages 16, 13, 10, 6, and 4 in our party of 13 (the 2 smaillest are mine) and I for one am estatic at the oppurtunity to build on my kids interest in the world beyond their doorstep. For those going in June and July, if you have a moment to report back with the specifics of this particular 7 day journey...I will love you forever. I think TOMORROW is the first journey, or maybe it was just listed that way because I checked yesterday. Regardless...I'm addicted to details.

Sitka = Small Russian influenced town...I can't wait. I am planning on the Otter excursion which I think will leave our afternoon free to roam the town.

Archived