Questions About Enchantment of the Seas, ask here

Hey cruisers, I will be sailing on the Enchantment in a little less than two weeks. If you have questions that you would like me to find out I would be happy to do so. We are going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, the five nighter.

If you have any past experiences or cool things you have seen on the ship post em' here!

We just booked the 12-night Enchantment for 2010

Is there a CL on there for Diamond members?

What additional was added to Enchantment during the stretch?

FYI: The CL starting later in '09 is going to be restricted to only Diamond Plus and people staying in full suites (i.e. categories above a junior suite).

I'd like to know who the cruise director is???

The cruise director is Marc Walker who was really good. He will only be on there for the next three weeks.

We just got off the Enchantment today so anything else ask away before I forget!

The cruise director is Marc Walker who was really good. He will only be on there for the next three weeks.

We just got off the Enchantment today so anything else ask away before I forget!

We are considering Enchantment for next July with a family of picky eaters. Do you remember how often the food place in the solarium was open for burgers and pizza?

I cruised Enchantment before it was stretched so it will be cool to take another trip on her!

I'm pretty sure that when marc leaves in 3 weeks, it's just for his rotational time off. It seems like it's about that time. I love him to pieces.

Enchantment is my absolutely favorite ship. Technically, she's a vision class ship, but the stretch added in the CL and a Chops restaurant. The pool deck is also much prettier because they got to add some really nice design structures.

I have pix of Enchantment if you click her link in my sig.

I can't be sure where Marc is going, he didn't really say. I caught a hint that he might be headed to a different cruise line, but I could be VERY wrong about that.

Glancing at one of our compasses, the solarium food service is open from 11:00am to 6:30pm then again from 10:30pm to 3:00am. We ate in their every night between 10:30 and about 2:00 in the morning. Loved the place.

So, I'm going to be on Enchantment at the End of July. Will we have: Marc, back fresh from a nice vacation, Some substitute who is filling in while Marc is sitll on his nive vacation, or someone new to the ship and crew?

Also, let me know if the Elini Trio is playing in the Centrum. I always loved listening to them for a half hour or so after the evening show.

So, I'm going to be on Enchantment at the End of July. Will we have: Marc, back fresh from a nice vacation, Some substitute who is filling in while Marc is sitll on his nive vacation, or someone new to the ship and crew?

Also, let me know if the Elini Trio is playing in the Centrum. I always loved listening to them for a half hour or so after the evening show.

I really can't answer the first one. I believe most of the crew has six and eight month contracts (a few four months). If Marc is coming back to the Enchantment my inclination would say you might miss him unless he works 10 months with two off.

None of my compasses have the Elini Trio, but rather the Evergreen Trio.

I shot him an email to find out what the word was. sadly, this is the response. I'm happy for him, but sad for all of us RCCLers who will miss him.

Hi Karina,

Nice to hear from you. Yes i do have some news which you may share with CC. I am leaving RCL in 3 weeks to join DCL. My final cruise will be June 8-13. I then take 10 days off and join the the Disney team for training. My position will be CD in Training on the Magic for my first contract ( they don't throw you in immediately as they need to teach all new employees the Disney traditions etc etc ). I live in Orlando so i can be home more regularly even when on the Magic. It will be sad leaving here after 13 years but there is always a chance i may return : )

There is another thread that indicates Marc is transfering to DCL Magic. We are on the Enchantment on June 13 so I will let you know who the new CD is for that sailing.

Sailing on EOS in November. Does anyone know if that ship has a Baby Splash Pool. I understand that it's the only pool that allows swim-diapers. My niece has a son that isn't potty trained yet. If not, she'll probably just bring an inflatable one. We all have aft cabins. Think she can fit one on the balcony?

Thanks all!

Is Marc the one that always says "Bing Bong" when he gets on to make an announcement?? I sailed on the Enchantment about 18 months ago and the CD always went "Bing Bong" when he came on before he made the announcements...lol...to this day my daughter and I do the "bing bong"

Is Marc the one that always says "Bing Bong" when he gets on to make an announcement?? I sailed on the Enchantment about 18 months ago and the CD always went "Bing Bong" when he came on before he made the announcements...lol...to this day my daughter and I do the "bing bong"

Yep, that would be Marc.

Well neat! We are doing the Magic in October.....maybe we will see him!

From marc:

Pls tell the boards that when i join the Magic i will be behind the scenes for up to 6 months training so i will not be acting cruise director...i read that someone is cruising on there when i am there but they won't actually see me.

And, for those who might be interested, he has a Youtube site:

http://www.youtube.com/user/markymarcseventytwo

Archived