Alaska camera bag- Revised!

KIM448

Ok, after some long hard decisions and a lot of testing on birds and animals in my back yard I am going to bite the bullet and trade in my

70-300 IS for a 70-200 F/4 IS! I am sure I will be happier long term with the 70-200 F/4 IS.

I am thinking of adding in the Canon EF 1.4X II as well, that way I can use it on the 135 F/2.0 and the 70-200 F/4.

My Alaska Camera bag will then consist of...

Canon 50D

Canon 17-55 F/2.8 IS

Canon 70-200 F/4 IS

Canon 135 F/2.0

Canon EF 1.4X II

Polarizers for each lens (2 lenses share)

Lens hoods for each lens

32 GB of Memory

2 Batteries & Charger

Camera Raincoat

Monopod

and a Puffer for my flash if needed inside the cruise ship.

What do you think, did I forget anything? Am I covered?

Ok, after some long hard decisions and a lot of testing on birds and animals in my back yard I am going to bite the bullet and trade in my

70-300 IS for a 70-200 F/4 IS! I am sure I will be happier long term with the 70-200 F/4 IS.

I am thinking of adding in the Canon EF 1.4X II as well, that way I can use it on the 135 F/2.0 and the 70-200 F/4.

My Alaska Camera bag will then consist of...

Canon 50D

Canon 17-55 F/2.8 IS

Canon 70-200 F/4 IS

Canon 135 F/2.0

Canon EF 1.4X II

Polarizers for each lens (2 lenses share)

Lens hoods for each lens

32 GB of Memory

2 Batteries & Charger

Camera Raincoat

Monopod

and a Puffer for my flash if needed inside the cruise ship.

What do you think, did I forget anything? Am I covered?

Rain poncho? I found that a poncho is the easiest way to cover my equipment (and myself) when it isn't raining hard or consistently to dress up my camera.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I have that covered also.

I guess the kit looks complete then?

I just have to get my hands on the 1.4 extender, very hard to find right now and on back order from Canon here in Canada, so I am trying to get one transfered in.

Thanks for all of your help

How about back up camera just incase main camera is failed on you?

Wouldn't leave home without it, excellent advice. My bag looks a lot like the OP's except my main camera will be a Nikon D60, same lenses and memory 1 - 8 GB, 4 - 4 GB's and 4 - 2 GB's (I hate to put to much on one stick just in case) also 3 batteries. My back up will be the trusty ol Canon S3 that I use for my main underwater photography camera.

No way the Canon doesn't make the trip (just in case) :D.

Well I am glad to know that the S3is is your backup camera. I just gave my old S3is to my 9year old and the S3 (and my 9 year old) are coming with us.

I know it is a lot of camera to give to a 9 year old but it is not his first camera and my camera dealer would only give me $75 for it. So I gave it to my 9year old and he gave his old camera to my 6 year old...

So we will have lots of photographers on this vacation. (and if by chance my 50D fails on me, the S3 will be mine again :)

I would love a DSLR back up body but, it is not in the cards yet... and I have had the 50D for 6 months and put over 8000 photos on it and it has been perfect (knock on wood) so far.

and I have had the 50D for 6 months and put over 8000 photos on it and it has been perfect (knock on wood) so far.

Like me it sounds like you got a little OCD "Obsessive Camera Disorder" yourself. It's always good to know we ain't alone in this old picture taking World.

Now if I can just learn how to use the Nikon before our Alaska cruise in July (without driving my wife crazy) I'll be happy.

Like me it sounds like you got a little OCD "Obsessive Camera Disorder" yourself. It's always good to know we ain't alone in this old picture taking World.

Now if I can just learn how to use the Nikon before our Alaska cruise in July (without driving my wife crazy) I'll be happy.

"OCD" I like that....and yes that would be me...may I defend myself and add that 6000 of those photos were for my sons hockey team :)

And I have already driven my husband crazy...he just shakes his head now!

Archived