Cape Liberty Questions pls!

kmcg8r

Hi all -

I have a few questions regarding Cape Liberty, the locations, conveniences, etc. I am going to post this on another thread, but thought I would also try here.

I am trying to make a "family obligation wedding" in Massachusetts on September 19th into a 5 night Explorer cruise to Bermuda... Since I live in FL, the cruises I take are typically to the Caribbean and I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to try a different itinerary.

Questions -

1- Is Cape Liberty NJ close to Manhattan? (That may be a silly question, sorry if it is). On a map it looks close to Newark?

2- What airport is closest and most convenient to this port? Newark? We would take a 1-way up the morning of the cruise (or night before)

3- Does anyone know if there are trains from Newark / Manhattan into Providence or Boston? If so, pricing on this?

Any other helpful advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kristen

Questions -

1- Is Cape Liberty NJ close to Manhattan? (That may be a silly question, sorry if it is). On a map it looks close to Newark? Close to Newark - a little further from NY.

2- What airport is closest and most convenient to this port? Newark? We would take a 1-way up the morning of the cruise (or night before) - Definitely Newark

3- Does anyone know if there are trains from Newark / Manhattan into Providence or Boston? If so, pricing on this?Amtrak goes from either Newark or Manhattan to either Providence or Boston. http://www.amtrak.com for schedules and prices. NE Regional trains are the less expensive. Acela trains are expensive. IMHO Acela is not worth almost double the money to save 20 minutes, but others will disagree. Both trains have very comfortable seats like airline seats, but slightly bigger with more leg room.

Archived