Hotels in Jacksonville that have parking

pale lady

I have seen some threads on here about hotels that have where you can park your car at the hotel if you stay the night before your cruise. Are these worth it? Are there any in the Jacksonville area? :confused:

We have used this option both times we have cruised from Jacksonville and it worked very well for us both times.

To me, it is worth it - if you don't have a real long drive to get back home the day you disembark the ship as you will not get as fast a getaway on your trip home because of the time involved to take the shuttle back to the hotel to retrieve your car vs just getting into your car at the port and then getting on the road. If time is a big factor for you that day, you may not feel it is worth it. (That will be the case for us when we go again later this year, so I am hoping to use hotel points for a free room and we will park at the port.)

Most of the hotels that offer a park and cruise package are near the airport. If you do a search for "Jacksonville" on this forum, you will find numerous threads re hotels that offer this package. One thread with lots of Jax info is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=850690.

The two hotels we used are Clarion and Microtel (both near the airport). The closest to the port is Holiday Inn Express Blount Island, but some of the others are only 15 -20 minutes away with more dining/shopping choices closer.

Hope this helps. :) Enjoy your cruise on Fascination!!!

sea_drex2.jpg

Thank you both for the information. We are in no rush to get home after we get of the boat. Actually we really would like to stowaway and stay longer! We are going without husbands and kids. It will be so nice to just have to worry about only me, not if the kids are fed and all that stuff.

Thank you both for the information. We are in no rush to get home after we get of the boat. Actually we really would like to stow away and stay longer! We are going with out husbands and kids. It will be so nice to just have to wory about only me, not if the kids are fed and all that stuff.

I hear that!

Sounds like a park and cruise package would work well for you then.

You might enjoy this video of Fascination going under the bridge -

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3076327570101116058DQooXh

• 3 weeks later...

Archived