Kids club on rcl

Does anyone know how strict RCL are on 3+ rule for kids club. Our youngest is toilet trained and will be 2, 11 mths and 10 days on our cruise. Will they want proof or will he be allowed into kids club. His sister is 6.

thanks for any help.

They are very strict about ages. I have heard of the occasional kid they will let in a few days early (depending on the ship and the AC manager), but I would estimate it is 1 in 500.

Any way that you could delay your cruise 21 days? ;)

The child will not be allowed to attend. With RCCL, it's a liability issue. They have insurance to allow 3 year olds and up, not almost 3 year olds and up. The counselors receive a list of all of the children who are of age to participate. You will not be able to register him if he is not on the list.

I have never heard of them making an exception. And believe me if they had, we would have heard about it on the CC Family Board by now, I'm sure. ;)

And yes, we did delay our sailing on RCCL till two days AFTER my daughter's 3rd birthday because of the rule. The child is the age they are on the first day of sailing for the entire cruise. So we couldn't go on her bday and hope to be allowed in AO. :)

crusinmama, the exception that I know of personally occured on the Enchantment in 2005. It wasn't during a school break, so not many kids, and the child was fully potty-trained, so they did let him join the three year olds. I think he was 2 years and either 10-11 months. Knowing the parents, I wouldn't doubt if a hefty tip was involved, though!

Knowing the parents, I wouldn't doubt if a hefty tip was involved, though!

I don't doubt it. ;) :D

dw - There are the Royal Tots and Babies sessions 3 times/day that you can attend with him. They are 45 minute sessions, held outside of Adventure Ocean. It might be a chance for him to meet other kids his own age. I know on Indy, they had bedtime stories at night for them.

Haven't done RCI yet, but I remember that on our last cruise with the twins, they were about 2 months from the allowed age, and Norwegian wouldn't allow them in the club. We begged to be let in just to tour the place, and they had a ball pit, and both twins RAN for it, jumped in, looked SO happy, but then had to leave....sigh.

This will be our FIRST cruise with all 3 kids in the kid's club, and I CAN'T WAIT! 10 years of watching them and naps in the cabin...finally free! I may actually bring sneakers and try working out in the gym, or walking on the track, or heck, even rock climbing!! Solarium? Wow...that's an actual possibility for me now! Of course, we're travelling with 3 napping kids, so I'm sure I'll help out still, sometimes.

Archived