emerald princess or eurodam?? urgent help needed

hi everyone :) i am a new member here and urgently need help to decide which cruise to book - 22nd june 10 night eurodam from copenhagen or 25th june 10 night princess emerald??? we are a couple in early 30's and this will be our 2nd cruise. 1st one was with royal carribean which we both loved.

we need to book tomm so please reply soon

thx

hi guys. we've done a few trips on princess and you really can't go wrong with them.

i mean can you beat movies under the stars? and the emerald is a great boat. we were on it two years ago. really nice experience.

plus, maybe i'm being unfair, but when you're in port next to a HAL, it seems like many of the passengers are on walkers or wheelchairs.

anyway we're a couple in our mid 30's and we're on the june 25th out of copenhagen. later on.

jmp

hi guys. we've done a few trips on princess and you really can't go wrong with them.

i mean can you beat movies under the stars? and the emerald is a great boat. we were on it two years ago. really nice experience.

plus, maybe i'm being unfair, but when you're in port next to a HAL, it seems like many of the passengers are on walkers or wheelchairs.

anyway we're a couple in our mid 30's and we're on the june 25th out of copenhagen. later on.

jmp

Cruisers on all the lines are getting younger overall but I see very little difference in ages between Eurodam such on its last port call a week ago from other ships. There were 4 special wheel chair vehicles used(for 6 passengers total), and few walkers in site. About the same number for Princess or Celebrity. There are differences between most US based ships where all ages cruise and say, British cruise lines where people tend to start cruising as a later in life activity. Most Americans who visit another country for vacation do so on a cruise ship , 60% in fact but in Europe and England, land travel is mostly done by younger people, and usually with less formal planning.

We're booked on the Princess Emerald, my DH is 80 and I'll be 70 -- a couple of years ago we did an HAL Mexico cruise and most of the passengers were a older than us at that time. Also, they claim they have excellant service, but we though it was intrusive -- someone was always in your face. Stick with Princess, you can't go wrong.

.....maybe i'm being unfair, but when you're in port next to a HAL, it seems like many of the passengers are on walkers or wheelchairs.

jmp

Hmmmm......we've cruised on Carnival, Princess, RCL, and HAL ships, including a 24 day Mediterranean cruise on HAL's Zuiderdam last year. Although the average HAL cruiser might be a few years older than the average RCL cruiser, we've never seen any more walkers or wheel chairs on HAL than we have on RCL or Princess.:confused: IMHO, all of the larger ships of the major cruise lines are pretty comparable in terms of service and amenities. Having said that, however, for the younger set Princess would be a better match than HAL.

so guide diva, you must have an awful lot of extra time on your hands to sit and count the EXACT number of wheelchairs coming off the eurodam. wow. you do that with a giant clipboard or just from memory? i guess nobody in a chair that day was allowed to stay in their cabin. or did you check that too?

so 60% of all americans visiting foreign countries go by cruise ship?

wow. where'd you get that statistic?....ever heard of mexico or canada?

i think i smell quite a bit of b.s. on this site.

i was not trying to make any sort of blanket statements about anyone. the nice young lady asked for our opinion and i gave her mine. i believe i even prefaced it with "i might be unfair".

i, unlike some other people here, am not any sort of a nationally certified expert on the precise age ranges of every passenger list of every single ship at sea.

i just responded with what i have personally seen.

gee whiz. i'm sorry if i offended anyone.

jmp in fla

Archived