Dealing with HAL re fare reductions

mrstone

Have booked HAL cruise on Eurodam to the Baltic. Paid 1899.00 for Balcony cabin and now HAL has reduced the price to 1499.00. I havent had any luck with HAL re the price change, ship credit etc... Anyone out there have any ideas or experience with this situation. It seems like we overpaid by 800.00 for the two of us!!!

Have booked HAL cruise on Eurodam to the Baltic. Paid 1899.00 for Balcony cabin and now HAL has reduced the price to 1499.00. I havent had any luck with HAL re the price change, ship credit etc... Anyone out there have any ideas or experience with this situation. It seems like we overpaid by 800.00 for the two of us!!!

You did not overpay by $800 ... more likely, HAL is offering attractive price reductions to get heads in beds and fill the ship.

If you are outside of the penalty phase, meaning it is prior to the final payment due date, and if the new pricing is not shown to be for new bookings only ... call HAL or your T/A, if you booked thru one, and request the reduced fare.

In February, only a week after we booked our November sailing, price dropped by $500/person ... emailed our T/A and she called HAL on our behalf and got us the new lower price.

Sometimes, even after final payment, HAL may grant OBC rather than reducing the fare. Or, perhaps, HAL moves pax into a slightly higher cabin category. I think that is handled on a case-by-case basis and is not part of HAL's normal policies.

I posted a thread on this recently (sorry I don't know how to link it).

But we were in the same situation. We didn't get a refund but we got an OBC slightly less then half of the price difference.

We did book directly with HAL not sure if it made a difference. I asked and they offered no pleading invovled (not that we were in any position to negotiate, they have all our money).

Sorry I can't offer any advise. Maybe call HAL directly if you did go through a TA. Good Luck.

Op, I think you've got what you're going to get. I know it stinks but once final payment is made it's pretty much a done deal. Oh well. Try not to think about it and just go and enjoy!

Archived