Carnival = Frat Party Boat?

stobe1

I have been on several Spring Break cruises on different lines and they're all the same around that time of year. You will have a mixed group of partyers and non-partyers. All cruises for that matter are pretty much the same... it's the length of the cruise that you want to watch! The shorter the cruise, like the 3 day weekend cruises will have more people wanting to get away for a weekend and party. The 7 day cruises are usually a lot more mellow. I love Carnival and RCCL. They're my tops and I would say they're both about the same, although I do enjoy Carnival's food more, but I love RCCL's Quest Game Show!

I am 51 years old, have been on two Carnival and two Royal Caribbean cruises and in my experience a Carnival cruise is not a "frat party" cruise. I, too, had heard of Carnival being such a party boat, before we took our first cruise with them but we were pleasantly surprised. We do usually cruise in January, never ever over spring break times so maybe that is why. On our first Carnival cruise we stayed up late each night for the adult comedian and never saw anyone who'd had too much to drink or anything of that nature. Never saw anything like that on our second Carnival cruise either. I think you can see people who over indulge on any cruise line, not just Carnival.

Archived