? for UK cruisers please

Hope you can help with this, I booked a cruise through TA back in May last year.

She stated that we would get our flight details May 2009 is this correct? it would be nice to know who we are flying with.

This was a cruise air package with RCI. We have our overnight hotel details and also post cruise dayroom on the RCI website.

Thanks for any help with this

Hi,

I too have booked over a year ahead but used RCI. They weren't able to confirm fares at this time as the airlines haven't published them.

I have said that when they do have a definitive price I will determine at that time whether or not I do the flight thing with them. I've specifically requested BA as they used Virgin last time and I was less than impressed.

Hi,

I too have booked over a year ahead but used RCI. They weren't able to confirm fares at this time as the airlines haven't published them.

I have said that when they do have a definitive price I will determine at that time whether or not I do the flight thing with them. I've specifically requested BA as they used Virgin last time and I was less than impressed.

You were unimpressed with Virgin but like BA ?

I will ALWAYS fly with Virigin wherever possible.

Poor old BA published pre tax losses of £ 400m this morning, so expect their levels of service to be hit with cut backs. Not that their levels of service are any good anyway in my opinion.

Hello Linda

I know that this is slightly off topic but could you elaborate on your comment. We are flying Virgin through RCI next year.

Charles

Charles

I have flown many times with both Virgin and BA and believe me Virgin are superb leagues ahead of BA.

Virgins Premium Economy knocks absolute spots off of BA Premium Economy and Virgin Upper Class is quite simply the best seats/beds in the sky.

Hi,

I have to agree here, last time I flew with Virgin, the staff were snooty and the plane not very clean and food awful. BA were much better in my opinion.

But.............. if it gets me away somewhere nice I will fly with anyone.;)

I originally booked my flights with RC and have had to change them,I am flying from Bristol to Barcelona and they wanted me to change at Amsterdam and have a 5 hr wait there too, ridiculous, so I cancelled their flights!

I have to agree here, last time I flew with Virgin, the staff were snooty and the plane not very clean and food awful. BA were much better in my opinion.

But.............. if it gets me away somewhere nice I will fly with anyone.;)

I originally booked my flights with RC and have had to change them,I am flying from Bristol to Barcelona and they wanted me to change at Amsterdam and have a 5 hr wait there too, ridiculous, so I cancelled their flights!

I am very very surprised to hear of your experience.

Your comments are exactly the sort of comments I would expect to see on a review of a BA flight in fact.

Middle aged snooty cabin staff that really can't be bothered, old aircraft and poor food is my BA experience on several occassions.

Hope you can help with this, I booked a cruise through TA back in May last year.

She stated that we would get our flight details May 2009 is this correct? it would be nice to know who we are flying with.

This was a cruise air package with RCI. We have our overnight hotel details and also post cruise dayroom on the RCI website.

Thanks for any help with this

Your exact flight details should be available around 11 months prior to your departure date; that was when we could access our flights online and choose our seats etc.

We booked through a TA so our flight details aren't on the RCI website but the TA gave us all the details and exactly 11 mths before our departure date they gave us the "locator" number so that we could choose our seats online. That info also gave us the flight times and flight number too.

Kind regards, Spanner

Your comments are exactly the sort of comments I would expect to see on a review of a BA flight in fact.

Middle aged snooty cabin staff that really can't be bothered, old aircraft and poor food is my BA experience on several occassions.

Mmm, me too - never had a problem on a Virgin flight though; all been absolutely fine.

You can always call Royal Caribbean directly (even when you have booked through a TA). Give them your Royal Caribbean booking reference and tell them your TA was unable to tell you the flight details. They happily gave ours to me.

Yes we were suprised too, Virgin were always good before that flight, it was the Orlando flight so maybe that made a difference, you know, loads of kids!:) We left with the impression it had gone downhill. I havent had a bad BA flight and staff seemed ok, I suppose it all boils down to who is on duty that day.;)

Airlines issue their flight schedules 330 days out so for a cruise in October 2009 the airlines will be out November 2008.

I too am with Norberts Niece - my experience with Virgin was ghastly and I always only fly BA now. Specifics: they spoke to you as if you were an idiot, there was no wine selection, they threw the food at you, they were very rude to my friend who had her 4 (screaming) children with her refusing to allow any assistance from her nanny (this was pretake off BTW). Perhaps it was because I am a woman. The dolly-bird stewardesses seemed to be all over the male passengers. Never again!

Your exact flight details should be available around 11 months prior to your departure date; that was when we could access our flights online and choose our seats etc.

We booked through a TA so our flight details aren't on the RCI website but the TA gave us all the details and exactly 11 mths before our departure date they gave us the "locator" number so that we could choose our seats online. That info also gave us the flight times and flight number too.

Kind regards, Spanner

Can I ask who this flight was with please? We are flying on Virgin to Miami next February and have been given the flight numbers/times etc by the TA already but no-one mentioned being able to book seats online this far out! So if we ask the TA for the locator number ...will we be able to do that now?

Thanks

ps..was looking forward to trying Virgin until I read this thread!!:(

Can I ask who this flight was with please? We are flying on Virgin to Miami next February and have been given the flight numbers/times etc by the TA already but no-one mentioned being able to book seats online this far out! So if we ask the TA for the locator number ...will we be able to do that now?

Thanks

ps..was looking forward to trying Virgin until I read this thread!!:(

Oh no seriously, I have read loads of good reviews about them too, think sometimes as with all airlines, you get a bad one now and again and it tends to put you off, all other flights with them before the last one was really good. I wouldnt worry at all.:)

You can always call Royal Caribbean directly (even when you have booked through a TA). Give them your Royal Caribbean booking reference and tell them your TA was unable to tell you the flight details. They happily gave ours to me.

Have now got flight details, flying with Continental any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks for all your help timings of flights are good.

Sandra

Airlines issue their flight schedules 330 days out so for a cruise in October 2009 the airlines will be out November 2008.

I too am with Norberts Niece - my experience with Virgin was ghastly and I always only fly BA now. Specifics: they spoke to you as if you were an idiot, there was no wine selection, they threw the food at you, they were very rude to my friend who had her 4 (screaming) children with her refusing to allow any assistance from her nanny (this was pretake off BTW). Perhaps it was because I am a woman. The dolly-bird stewardesses seemed to be all over the male passengers. Never again!

Oh well I am a bit of an idiot so that's why I quite like Virgin :D

It really does pay to upgrade.

I will never fly Economy again as long as I live. It's expensive but well worth it.

Oh really!!! - I can't wait ;):D

I've booked Upper Class in the Virgin Upper Class sale for a return flight to New York in August (£1,097 !).

I'm quite looking forward to that flat bed with all those Dolly Bird Stewardesses throwing themselves all over the male passengers :D

Hi,

Just be aware that flights can be changed without much notice.

We booked through RC last October for a cruise (this June), we were given flight details within a week but in May this year the flights were changed without explanation. Not too thrilled as we have gone from a direct flight to having to changeover with about 2 hours waiting for the connection :(

Jan

Have now got flight details, flying with Continental any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks for all your help timings of flights are good.

Sandra

Hi Sandra

The following thread about Continental contains mixed reviews

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=944075&highlight=

I reckon post #4 is one that you have to consider.

Hope this helps.

Archived