Cabs in CZM? USD or pesos

flagger

As we are bringing with us a 19 month old toddler and no car seat, I really don't want to drive in CZM or any of the ports. Besides going to PB, I am wondering what I should expect in Cab fares to some of the other spots.

Should I get pesos or is USD just fine?

Thanks.

We had some pretty freaking scary cab drivers in Cozumel :eek: , and I would be concerned about having my toddler with me. We saw no seatbelts available in any of the four cabs we took. Maybe if you offer a tip up-front they can find some seatbelts or agree to drive less aggressively.

Good luck!

You shouldn't have to tip up front for a "less scary" ride. As the customer, you have every right to ask them to drive moderately. Usually the taxi dispatchers at the piers speak enough English to understand, "Please tell the driver to drive calmly". A nice leisurely ride does deserve a small tip, in my opinion, to encourage the driver to do the same for his/her next passenger. As someone who gets around by bicycle, I would love to see the taxi drivers drive at a more moderate pace!

We had some pretty freaking scary cab drivers in Cozumel :eek: , and I would be concerned about having my toddler with me.
Which is why we are not going to be renting a car/jeep while there. We are not bringing our car seat with us, and don't want to risk us not both being able to hold her.

lol i cant imagine anything worse than NYC (manhattan) taxi drivers.... i live there and even i was shocked by this one guy who took advatage that the city streets were not crowded and dipped through blocks....i really thought my life was gonna end in that cab... it was extremely scary

Archived