Help in Rotteram with transportation

Ten of us getting off HAL Rotterdam on June 24 in Roterdam. We are staying in Amsterdam near the Central Train Station. Thinking about taking a train. How far is the train station from the pier? Do we need several Taxis or is it in walking distance? Better way to get to Amsterdam? Searched and could not find an answer.

If you can wait until Tuesday, when I'm back in the office, I have contact information for a transportation company that may be able to provide you a private mini-bus. I think, once you've paid for taxis and your train tickets, and factored in the convenience of being collected dockside, it might come out as seeming quite reasonable.

They are transporting 6 of us, and our baggage, from Amsterdam to Rotterdam, with a side excursion to Kinderdijk (on the 24th to meet Rotterdam, coincidentally), quite reasonably compared to some of the other quotes I received.

Ten of us getting off HAL Rotterdam on June 24 in Roterdam. We are staying in Amsterdam near the Central Train Station. Thinking about taking a train. How far is the train station from the pier? Do we need several Taxis or is it in walking distance? Better way to get to Amsterdam? Searched and could not find an answer.

The cruise-terminal in Rotterdam is not walking distance from the station. You need a cab or take a tram or metro to Centraal station.

Between Rotterdam CS and Amsterdam CS there are at least 4 trains each hour.

But..if you have much luggage, remember you have to put it into/from the train yourself and in 2nd class there is not that much space for large suitcases. Also stay with your luggage all the way, donot leave it unattended.

The train makes some stops enroute and people go into/from the train.

If you can wait until Tuesday, when I'm back in the office, I have contact information for a transportation company that may be able to provide you a private mini-bus. I think, once you've paid for taxis and your train tickets, and factored in the convenience of being collected dockside, it might come out as seeming quite reasonable.

They are transporting 6 of us, and our baggage, from Amsterdam to Rotterdam, with a side excursion to Kinderdijk (on the 24th to meet Rotterdam, coincidentally), quite reasonably compared to some of the other quotes I received.[/QUOT

Thanks for all the help. Will wait until Tuesday with no problem.

Archived