Canary Cruise on IOS

Hello All

We are off in 5 days time :D cant wait as this is our first cruise, there is myself, partner and two of our kids aged 13, 11. We have an oceanview on deck 2 for the four of us and am i right in saying it will be a bit cramped ,but is it doable.And was just wandering if anyone could tell me is it easy to do your own thing when the ship is in port or should we just book the excursions.

many thx jeff

My wife and I are on that trip, can't wait!

A friend of ours went on the same cruise last October and whilst they went on the official tours they did say that its much easier to do your own thing if you want because the ship docks in or very close to the centre of the ports, unlike in the caribbean where they can dock some way out of the towns.

The thing I wasn't too impressed with was that he also said a pint can of fosters was $9 :mad:, hope that has changed! Don't usually drink much of the stuff but if that's reflected in other drinks prices it could be a bit hard on the pocket over the 10 days

Whatever sure it will be a GREAT cruise!

Hello All

We are off in 5 days time :D cant wait as this is our first cruise, there is myself, partner and two of our kids aged 13, 11. We have an oceanview on deck 2 for the four of us and am i right in saying it will be a bit cramped ,but is it doable.And was just wandering if anyone could tell me is it easy to do your own thing when the ship is in port or should we just book the excursions.

many thx jeff

Hi

With the four of you the trips are going to be very expensive, it will probably make sense for you to get off the ship and negotiate a taxi for your family and that way you see what interests you and at your pace.

The other thing to bear in mind is that the ships facilites will be wonderful when most of the passengers are on land, your children will have far more of a chance to go onthe flowriders etc without enourmous queues.

When we took our grandchildren on a cruise they would have just stayed on the ship all of the time and been quite happy. (not on IOS)

Make sure you take some long trousers for the ice skating, it's great fun.

We very rarely book tours, we use the trains, buses and walk, it is much more fun to travel with the locals and much cheaper.

Have a great cruise, the cabin is going to be a squeeze, but we did four in an inside cabin and still had a fab time (that was in 1998).

We are going on IOS in June so would love to hear your feedback, but I guess our paths are going to cross as we sail on the 6th.

Jean

Archived