Just back from Imagination

Agocruisin

Hello,

had a great time despite weather on the Imagination this week. I will post a review soon, but if anyone has any questions fire away. I traveled alone with my 5 year old daughter.

I thought I would offer this up since the Imagination is a less-discussed ship.

Fire away any questions! I'll be offline today but back tonight.

Hello,

had a great time despite weather on the Imagination this week. I will post a review soon, but if anyone has any questions fire away. I traveled alone with my 5 year old daughter.

Humor us :)

I've been on several other Fantasy class ships - how does she compare? is she kept up with?

I thought the ship was in great shape. The staterooms were just as good as the ones on the Pride we sailed in November. The pool area was very nice, and the waterworks were great. The common areas are still Carnival-glitz, and the only thing I found a bit dready is the Lido restaurant is pretty dark inside when the sun isn't shining.

I had only sailed Paradise in that class of ships before and that was 9 years ago...so i am not too good at comparing!

Hello,

can't wait for review...am sailing her again in Sept. for our getaway...I was on her a couple years ago and had a great time, so I am looking forward to it again...sorry that you had bad weather...

Hi Arigold,

yes she did go to Camp carnival. I wasn't sure she'd like it as she is 5 and was in the 2-5 group, but she did enjoy herself. They had a lot of crafts and face painting activities, which is right up her alley. She was there probably 45 minutes twice a day, except for our rainy sea day where she was there almost all afternoon and evening. I think they also let the kids roam around the playroom if they don't feel like participating in the directed activities.

The counsellors were very nice as well.

hth!

How was the new waterpark on the back of the ship? Was it mainly geared for kids or did you see adults enjoying the slides also?

It was actually pretty quiet most of the time. Mosty kids, but some older teenagers and parents as well. I was impressed with the big slide. It actually is pretty hairy. I had as much fun as my daughter did on the slides!

Hey, you were docked next to us (Miracle) in Nassau on that rainy Thursday. Your waterslide looked really cool! We were on that ship years ago; I like the aft open decks. I got some cool photos of Imagination with Atlantis as we left port!

We saw the Imagination when we were docked in Nassau. The slide looked like something my 13 & 15 you DDs would really get into. I'm looking into taking them on a cruise for spring break next year. I'll be interested in getting your take on the ship.

This is our first cruise. We are leaving the kids home, but it sounds like there is a lot for kids to do. I keep reading good reviews like yours on the Imagination. The just offered us an upgrade from a rivera ocean view room to a vip suite for 500. I guess this comes with all the extra vip stuff like boarding, and the room has a hot tub type bath and balcony. My question is this worth it? If we are not going to be in the room that much is it worth the extra money and experience? Are we going over the top if we do the upgrade for our first cruise? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Archived