Copenhagen IceBar - worth it?

thinking about going to the ice bar while in copenhagen. if anyone has been, is it worth it? also, i'm not a big vodka drinker but i like fruity drinks - will i enjoy the drink that they serve or are they really strong drinks?

We did not do the ice bar in Copenhagen or Stockholm. From the TV shows and other coverage about it, this activity seemed like a bit of a "gimmick". It's something different you can talk about, but how really great is it? Our experiences were that there are plenty of super great historic and architectural wonders in these charming cities. We focused our time in that direction. We get enough snow and ice during the Ohio winters to keep us satisfied with that "need".

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

LOL. Contrary to the poster above, we are from California and LOVED the Ice Bar!!

The entire bar, including the drink glasses and the tip jar, is made entirely of ice. The Ice seats are covered with wolfskins to make it comfortable seating! They will give you these great parkas to wear as it is 23 degrees inside. It is possible to get the classic Vodka straight up, but most people order some sort of mixed drink. I had a "Copenhagen cocktail", vodka, champagne and watermelon liqeuer. DW had a berry and vodka combination. (OMG I can see the vodka purists grimacing!)

I recommend it. It is lots of fun. The whole experience is less than an hour. Go for it!

Check out our review and pics at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/baltic.html

One of the groups traveling on princess put together a website with a lot of great info on all the ports and it was there that I found this page- it includes video and conectors to the icebar. Thanks to them I made reservations for me and my wife for the day we are in Copenhagen.

We're doing it as a break in our wandering- gives a chance to "cool off".

http://www.istopoli.com/cruise/point.php?id=8

Entry with 1st drink is 150DKK- todays rate- $28 per.

My wife really wanted to see one of these and our boats excursion in stockholm is 3 times the cost.

JKW

Well since you're on the emerald- It should help! Glad to point it out for you- I like it even though my trip is differnet theres plenty of overlap- it's helped my planning along with TLCs and Mikes info and pics.

Really thanks to everyone on the board for sharing their info and experiences. I feel prepared for the trip.

JKW

Just curious - is there any difference between the Ice Bar in Copenhagen and the one in Stockholm? If anyone has been to both, which is the better one to go to? Thanks for any info.

Just curious - is there any difference between the Ice Bar in Copenhagen and the one in Stockholm? If anyone has been to both, which is the better one to go to? Thanks for any info.

Both are Absolut vodka properties.. some changes at design but the design change every 5-6 months...

Thanks everyone about our website's feedback.. :)

LOL. Contrary to the poster above, we are from California and LOVED the Ice Bar!! The entire bar, including the drink glasses and the tip jar, is made entirely of ice. The Ice seats are covered with wolfskins to make it comfortable seating! They will give you these great parkas to wear as it is 23 degrees inside. It is possible to get the classic Vodka straight up, but most people order some sort of mixed drink. I had a "Copenhagen cocktail", vodka, champagne and watermelon liqeuer. DW had a berry and vodka combination. (OMG I can see the vodka purists grimacing!) I recommend it. It is lots of fun. The whole experience is less than an hour. Go for it!

Mike is right! I'm sure that the Ice Bar in either Copenhagen or Stockholm would be great fun, very interesting, etc. It was just with our limited time and wallet, we couldn't do it ALL in these two great cities. The good news is that there is much to do and see in both of these cities. Too many nice choices and trade-offs to consider! Lots of history, great architecture, water, food, art, gardens, grand palaces, etc., in both of these charming Baltic capitals.

Mike is right! I'm sure that the Ice Bar in either Copenhagen or Stockholm would be great fun, very interesting, etc. It was just with our limited time and wallet, we couldn't do it ALL in these two great cities. The good news is that there is much to do and see in both of these cities. Too many nice choices and trade-offs to consider! Lots of history, great architecture, water, food, art, gardens, grand palaces, etc., in both of these charming Baltic capitals.

Terry is right!! ;) Like so many places that cruise ships visit, it is impossible to do all the attractions, even all the major attractions, in the one day port call. You absolutely have to pick and choose.

Now, frankly, in 35 cruises we have seen lots of history, lots of architecture, lots of canals to cruise, lots of beautiful gardens and grand palaces. But we had never been to an Ice Bar! So that was our choice. Would the Glyptotek Museum have been a better way to spend an hour? Maybe. It sounds fascinating. I am really sorry we missed it. But, like us, you have to choose. We went for the new and different experience.

It was fun- our trip to the bar was included in our hotel set up ( hotel 27)- next door) It was a unique experience. They offer mixed drinks fruity drinks champagne - hot drinks laced with alcohol and drinks on the rocks. You walk into the foyer - they give you an insulated cape with attached gloves and introduce you to the entry room where the temp starts to drop. Inside all is ice including the drinking glasses- it was a fun experience. Warning it is not a big place- it would be crowded with 20 people there. I thought it was expensive until I tried to buy a hamburger in Copenhagen and then I realized everything in Copenhagen is expensive!. Go and have fun- not something you find everywhere and is difference than a church or museum

Archived