Star Whale watching...

edit4ever

A questions for anyone who was on the 12/7 Star Mexican Riviera cruise... Did they offer the whale watching tour?? It was N/A on our signup form adn my wife really wants to do this one. We are going on the 12/15 trip!!!! (Only 4 more days!!!) Thanks!

We are going 12/15 and also wanted to do this tour. I don't understand why it's n/a because from my understanding whale watching is legal and can be promoted after 12/15... which we will be there after that date. We have been wathcing the boards here though and learned that if you take a glass bottom boat tour in cabo to lands end it is like a whale tour b/c there are so many.... and that you can also see them from the star pretty well.

Thanks for the response! Does anyone else have any feedback on whether or not the whale watching cruise is available...specifically any who returned from the last cruise? Sounds like the glass-bottom boat tour may be the way to go if it's not officially offered...we leave Wednesday morning! Thanks!!!:)

We were on 11/13 cruise, we saw three humpback whales on our afternoon coastal cruise in Cabo. It wasn't whale season when we saw them, but it was a thrill! I used to live in San Diego, and would go whale watching every January (about 15 miles or so off the coastline). We saw the whales in Cabo about five miles off the coastline, at the farthest point. Whale migration controls when there is a whale watching expedition. And, as I said, our whales were VERY early. They are usually late December to mid-March for their migration south. We were not on any glass-bottom boat. Good luck, hope you see some!

Archived