Summit CC#9162

franceA

:o Summit 3/6/10....CC# 9162

Hello Has anyone stayed here.... or on the aft.... do you hear any noise from the upper deck.... any feed back will be helpful... also i did ask for the CC# 9164 but was told its a wheelchair accessible and would need a note from the Dr ... but i have seen pic`s of people in those rooms that don`t have wheelchairs how did they get them... i like the extra room!!! I did stay in one on RCCL and didn`t need a note from a DR....:confused:

thanks,Fran

Possible to hear music evenings from bar above, some chair movement early in day but still an enjoyable cabin/veranda. Depending on how close to sailing, the cabin could be opened to people not needing a handicpped room, much as the FV's are opened couples close to sailing. Just remember that someone needing this cabin because of mobility problems, could bump you.

Why would anyone take a handicapped cabin when they don't need one. Let me tell you how upsetting it is when someone is wheelchair bound (suddenly) and almost had to cancel their trip because no cabin available for them to switch to. The cruise lines don't go back and start bouncing people out of these rooms, take it from one who knows. Don't ever be selfish enough to request one if you don't need it and be greatful you don't. for extra space, pay for a suite.

Sue, I was just asking how everyone else got the rooms without wheelchairs... without a Dr. note I wouldn`t take from someone who needed it...but thanks for you in put...

:o Summit 3/6/10....CC# 9162

Hello Has anyone stayed here.... or on the aft.... do you hear any noise from the upper deck.... any feed back will be helpful... also i did ask for the CC# 9164 but was told its a wheelchair accessible and would need a note from the Dr ... but i have seen pic`s of people in those rooms that don`t have wheelchairs how did they get them... i like the extra room!!! I did stay in one on RCCL and didn`t need a note from a DR....:confused:

thanks,Fran

The M class ships have 26 wheel chair accessible cabins. If you have a need for the special additions (such as the safety bars in the shower and near the "facility" ) that makes you eligible and only a form filled out and returned are sufficient to aquire the room. NO don't take this room if you are perfectly OK...UNLESS they are offered to you at the time right before the cruise, when it's obvious they won't be rented on the cruise by an eligible person. THIS is how those cabin are given regularly to non- handicapped people! Also the FV are sold near sail date if not full, to folks with only 2 people!

Thank you,Napi`s Mom, Like i said I did stay in one of the staterooms on RCCL didn`t fill out any forms.....And your right it is nice having those bars in the bathroom.... I have them at home cause i do have a bad back and they help alot on those bad days...I even have a handicapped shower don`t have a tub (i do miss the tub)....

So have you stay on the aft on the ship .... I did on RRCL didn`t hear any noise ...but i`m new to Celebrity ....I did book this this month when i was on the Monarch of the sea and wasn`t thinking about what was above me til i got home ...heard nice things about Celebrity....once again thanks

enjoy your travels.....

Fran

Archived