Snorkeling versus Jet Ski's - Cocoa Cay

Are there set area's where the people paying for the jet ski excursions on cocal cay can ride? I am concerned about the possiblity of the snorkelers being in the same area as the jet ski riders. What percautions are taken to prevent any accidents of jet skis running over swimmers/snorkelers?

I did this excursion, and had a blast!! You basically go in a "line" with the faster people in the front following the excursion guide, and the slower people towards the back (another excursion guide keeps an eye on the people towards the end so no one gets lost). I don't think you are ever near the snorkelers - I never saw any. You basically go way out from the island towards the other islands into "open water" so you can go pretty fast. And since it's guided, I doubt your guide will ever take you anywhere near the snorkelers.

Have fun!

Ok, thanks. I wont be on the jet skis (I prefer snow mobiles), I will be one of those snorkelers. . . so, yea, I was looking out for my own safety.

This is good to know that they are going to be in two separate areas. . . .

We were there 2 weeks ago. The snorkling was great...You must rent from them a snorkle vest to snorkle just RC rules..It was great saw a ray and many fish....

Archived