Oasis VS Dream

ChaylaT

I haven't even taken my first cruise yet (July 12 on the Splendor) and already planning for next Summer!! I am going bonkers with cruise boards, magazines, and books! I cannot get enough!!:p

I am deciding on the Carnival Dream or RCCL Oasis of the Seas for next Summer. What do you think? I am traveling with 3 kids, ages 8, 9, and 5 at that time. What opinions do you have of those new ships?

And how can I make myself so non-crazy about cruising?!:D

If I was you, I might price Freedom of the Seas vs. Dream, rather than Oasis. Freedom has most of the bells and whistles, except it isnt quite so large and really a wonderfull ship and the price wouldnt be as high as Oasis.

Dream comes out first and doesnt have the bells and whistles for teens, ice skating, rock wall. Did you know the Oasis will even have a zip line its so big? I dont know if Oasis will have the wave machine so the teens can learn to surf like Freedom, but it has so many extras for teens.

That being said it will be about 1/3 larger and right now Carnival has Early Booking prices which seem better for 2010 than for 2011, so this is the time to take advantage of them if you want a cheaper cruise. If you arent booked ES, then there are issues about getting price reductions which you might not want to risk, but you risk your deposit on ES, so Carnival has lots more restrictions than RCL. Iv also gotten better upgrades with guarantees on RCL.

Lots to consider. I dont think kids particularly care that RCL ships are just WOW to me, you are really proud to broad them in the harbor when they are sitting there and you walk thru the promenade.

I am actually going on both (Dream in Oct 2009, Oasis in Sept 2010). The only reason I booked the Oasis was because we were getting a great deal. The cost of the exact same category has gone up almost $900 each since I booked. I agree with the above post regarding the Freedom. It has just as many great things and at a cheaper cost.

Archived