Royal Family Suite on Explorer

nancynana

NANCYNANA:

We were not in the Royal Suite on the Explorer however we were on all of the Voyager class ships and we were in the Royal Suite on the Mariner of the Seas.

Since all of Suite should be any different that mine was on the Mariner of the Seas.

It was fantastic. Words can not describe it. I normally book a balcony cabin, but after being in the Royal Suite I am spoiled and can no longer go back to a balcony cabin.

Just think about it the cabin is approximately 1,600 square feet... my Balcony in the Royal Suite was larger than my balcony cabin. The only bad thing about the RS is it took me 3 days to figure out how the lights work. I am book in June 2005 on two seven day cruises back to back on the Navigator and in all likelyhood I will upgrade to the Royal Suite if it is still available.

Have a great cruise.

Hello, I am booked on the Royal Family Suite as well, for this November. One of my Meet and Mingle friends had the suite on Our cruise on the Mariner this last month, her is her description.

"At 1 pm we went to check out our cabins. The Royal Family Suite was fantastic. We were on deck 8 aft. The cabin had two bedrooms, two full baths, walk-in closet, living room, dining space, and 209 sq ft balcony. The cabin had 2 televisions and a cd player with surround sound speakers hanging from the ceiling. We absolutely loved the cabin. (we will never be able to go back to inside or standard balcony again). Much to our surprise, all of our luggage was delivered to the cabin by 1:30 pm. We were still in the cabin screaming our heads off in delight and unpacking our carry-ons when the luggage was delivered. I've never received luggage that quickly. So, we immediately unpacked and then headed back to the pool deck for fun"

Her review is on these boards, and should be easily accessible because I just replied to it.:D We are VERY excited.

My family (at that time 3 sons, late teens early 20's) my husband and I traveled on the suite on the explorer.

It was wonderful and the boys thoroughly enjoyed all the space, they sprawled everywhere and yet my husband and I enjoyed the privacy of our room/bathroom within the suite.

plenty of walk in closet space in the middle of the suite, 2 full and one half bath. huge balcony with lots of space. loved it

perks - hmm it has been a few years,

concierge lounge - coffee and continental breakfast in the am,

snacks throughout the day

a selection of cd's for use in the suite

champagne on arrival (I think)

cookies and or snacks delivered daily

evening cocktails and snacks to go along with them before dinner

priority tender ticket

the concierge arranged for ice show tickets

menus for dinners were displayed in lounge

concierge would book dinners in alternative restaurant if you wished

stationary with your name imprinted

probably more but I do not remember (it has been almost 5 years now)

enjoy - we all sure did!

Cindy

Archived