Mariner out of San Pedro stay at Hotel Maya?

firstimer2

We are leaving June 21st on the Mariner out of San Pedro CA. We are flying in to LAX on the 20th and would like to see the Queen Mary. Should we take a limo to Hotel Maya and stay there? Then the cruise day take a limo to the San Pedro Port? or is this just too much fuss? The hotels around San Pedro are over $200 for a decent one. Private limo from LAX to Hotel Maya $80, from Maya to port $30. Hotel maya = $136.

We don't want to stay at the Queen Mary. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. We have never been to LA!

I stayed at the Maya prior to my cruise on the Mariner back in April and liked it quite a bit, even though the renovations weren't finished (and I don't think they will be by the time you're there either). I had a nice view of the Queen Mary from my balcony.

I took a town car service from LAX to the Maya for $58 before tip. $30 sounds right for the trip from the Maya to the pier. It wasn't difficult or time consuming at all.

Is there a reason you want the Maya? Personally, in Long Beach, I would prefer to stay at the Hyatt, Westin or Renaissance--the locations have more to do in the immediate area with restaurants and shopping close...and they are all more modern, full service hotels...You can get to the Queen Mary and back easily from any of them...but there is only so much time I'd want to spend at the QM...

If there's a reason to stay on that side of the channel, you might also look into the brand new Marriott Residence Inn Downtown on Queensway:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lgbri-residence-inn-long-beach-downtown/

Also, what time does your plane get into LAX on the 20th? Hopefully early...the Queen Mary is only open from 10 am to 5 pm...

Good luck...

Thank you for your responses. We have decided to stay at the brand new Marriott Residence Inn ($143 w/tax). I guess there is a shuttle to the attractions including the Queen Mary and aquarium.

Do you know the name of the limo that you used from LAX? That is a big savings!! Did they greet you at baggage claim?

Also, thanks for the times on the Queen Mary.

We just booked Hotel Maya pre-Mariner cruise. We'll be there July 3-5. Renovations will be complete, and it seemed like the perfect place to be for the July 4th fireworks from the Queen Mary (We didn't want to stay on the Queen Mary)

Is it easy to take the water taxi from Hotel Maya? Bet there will be big crowds that weekend.

By the way, the prices go up quite a bit once all the renovations are complete. They have their grand opening July 1st. Our King Deluxe is $249. We also have the Rennaisance booked as well. Any thoghts?

Now I'm really confused as what to do. The new Residence Inn gave me a rate of $160 for a larger corner suite with harbor view.

Looks like the Aqua taxi makes stops at Hotel Maya. Are there any shuttles at the Residence Inn to get you into Long Beach?

Is it too far away to catch the Queen Mary fireworks?

From what I understand about Long Beach, there are free shuttles to the various areas. You might want to research this further and 4th of July could be crowded on a free shuttle. Hope someone else can answer your other questions. :)

From NW Wanderer: "I took a town car service from LAX to the Maya for $58 before tip. $30 sounds right for the trip from the Maya to the pier. It wasn't difficult or time consuming at all."

Do you know which town car you used?

Archived