Westerdam verandah cabin choice

mrsd1

I just got an opportunity to upgrade to a verandah cabin on my June cruise to Alaska. What would be the best choice? I've been told there are vacancies in VA ,VB, VC, VD, VE, VF and VH. I've looked at the deck plans, but would like some other input. Thanks for any thoughts.

I think VA is the most expensive balcony category, if I am remembering correctly. I would look for the closest balcony to midship if possible, jmho. We were on deck 6 in a VB and it was a bit far forward, but still close to the elevators.

Thanks for your reply Jen. We did get a VA on deck 8 which I'm happy with. It's a bit forward, but I think we will be fine. I'm just glad to have a balcony! Thanks again for your time.

By the way, Jen, how did you like your Westerdam cruise?

Loved the Westerdam! :D Food was great,service was great, shows were great, the cabins are very comfortable. You will have a great time!

Does anyone know this couple? The Westerdam was parked next to us while we were in Cozumel in February and while taking photos from our balcony I noticed that this couple was in one of my photos. I'll like to send them a copy if they would like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello MRSD!, we cruised the Panama in 2006 on the Zuiderdam (sister to the Westerdam) and we were in VA8009 deck 8 Forward. We were on a 21 day cruise and found the cabin to be excellent with no motion problems what so ever. We will be on the Westerdam Sept 27 from Seattle to Ft Lauderdale with our 3 older children as well as my mother. We are in cabin VF5061 on deck 5 and are somewhat concerned due to the closeness of these cabins to the knock back in the ship and the lifeboats below. If anyone has any info on these cabins we would greatly appreciate it while we still have time to change. Thanks in advance and hopefully someone can enlighten us :-)

Vince

• 10 months later...

We just got off the Westerdam and had balcony cabin 5089 on deck. It and the cabins on either side of his all suffered from some incredible flexing noises that frequently woke us. Our friends had 5123 and 5076 and did not have any problems.

Archived